Does a dramatically changed Big East affect 27 month obligation? | Syracusefan.com

Does a dramatically changed Big East affect 27 month obligation?

liljoe

Scout Team
Is there a point where the change in the Big East becomes so dramatic that Pitt and Syracuse can begin to argue legally that they should not be beholden to a conference that is far different from anything they were a member of? It seems we are quickly coming to a point where the big east (football) in the big east in name only. I'm guessing that a couple more need to jump ship to reach that threshold, but I can't see how it doesn't become a factor.

I still go with what I heard, that we will be allowed out in football before basketball.

Is there a point where the change in the Big East becomes so dramatic that Pitt and Syracuse can begin to argue legally that they should not be beholden to a conference that is far different from anything they were a member of?

Yes. On top of that, the last thing the BE wants is for a FB or BB team from Pitt or SU winning the league or taking the BCS berth. They want us gone. It will happen, either by collapse of the FB side, or by filling in the FB side with enough teams to remain a viable conference. And I use the term 'viable' loosely.

Is there a point where the change in the Big East becomes so dramatic that Pitt and Syracuse can begin to argue legally that they should not be beholden to a conference that is far different from anything they were a member of? It seems we are quickly coming to a point where the big east (football) in the big east in name only. I'm guessing that a couple more need to jump ship to reach that threshold, but I can't see how it doesn't become a factor.

I still go with what I heard, that we will be allowed out in football before basketball.

The point is right now. Big east has to move quickly to shore up conference.