Does Anybody Else Think | Syracusefan.com

Does Anybody Else Think

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
These old rivalry games are only a lose/lose scenario for us?

Between UCONN, G-Town and St Johns. If you win all three, big deal beating sub-150 teams. But if you lose too one or even two...

I really hope that with the ACC schedule going to 20 games, we can just do away with these.

Add in the fact that all three teams can't do jack sh-t during their own season. So they have to look at us as a damn Super Bowl game ever year.

Its a lose lose when we keep getting killed every game.

Yeah I am so sick of these threads. If these teams aren't good, then we should beat them. We aren't beating them because we are not good either. We'll most likely get destroyed by UB in a week and a half. That's their Super Bowl too, but it won't be the reason that we don't win.

Because SU is over rated by its fans? Picked 4th/5th in the ACC, appear to be lucky in the top half, more like bottom third. Things could change but as it stands now, nope.

Yeah I am so sick of these threads. If these teams aren't good, then we should beat them. We aren't beating them because we are not good either. We'll most likely get destroyed by UB in a week and a half. That's their Super Bowl too, but it won't be the reason that we don't win.
Why would it be Buffalo's super bowl? They're ranked.

Again why play these teams anymore after 20 game ACC season. We will play enough good to great teams OOC between early season tournaments, Big 10-ACC challenge.

This team is not good. Have you watched this team play? All I hear are excuses, but nothing changes. No one wants to say it but the program has gone stale. There is no entertainment value to watching this team play. It’s been this way for 4-5 years. Hop was smart to get the hell out.

I don't think teams that spend almost half a decade on the bubble are in a position to tell any other teams that its their Super Bowl. It makes us sound like "Peaked in High School Rob Lowe."

I wouldn't be in the stands today if some no name 300+ ranked team was playing - I want to play against good non conference games and enjoy the games against the old rivals - of course I would rather take a time machine back to the 80's...

Why would it be Buffalo's super bowl? They're ranked.

Again why play these teams anymore after 20 game ACC season. We will play enough good to great teams OOC between early season tournaments, Big 10-ACC challenge.

It's UB's Super Bowl because it's their way to get the CBB world to pay attention to them, and I'm sure they aren't happy that they weren't able to spring the upset last year. It's ridiculous to act like we are above scheduling these teams. The solution is to not play like complete garbage, not take them off the schedule.

I don't think teams that spend almost half a decade on the bubble are in a position to tell any other teams that its their Super Bowl. It makes us sound like "Peaked in High School Rob Lowe."
On the bubble, but still one of the top 5-10. In wins in the tournament in that span. Ill take near the bubble for actual results when it matters.

It's UB's Super Bowl because it's their way to get the CBB world to pay attention to them, and I'm sure they aren't happy that they weren't able to spring the upset last year. It's ridiculous to act like we are above scheduling these teams. The solution is to not play like complete garbage, not take them off the schedule.
Thank you for putting words into my mouth. Never said we were above scheduling them. Just trying to say that over the past several years. All of these games against former rivals have hurt us the long run.

Thank you for putting words into my mouth. Never said we were above scheduling them. Just trying to say that over the past several years. All of these games against former rivals have hurt us the long run.

They have only hurt us because we have not been a good team the past few years (regardless of tournament success). If we can't beat UCONN, Georgetown or St. John's, then what makes you think we'd beat whatever mediocre team we'd replace them with on the schedule?

Wait, so if you make hand off pass, you hace to come to a dead stop? Bad rule

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom