Does anyone actually like Jay Williams? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone actually like Jay Williams?

I'm indifferent about him. I think he's a mediocre broadcasting talent but I have no reason to actively dislike him. If he just wasn't a bonehead with that motorcycle I think he would have had a long and successful NBA career.

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get into coaching in some capacity.

I like him. I don’t often agree with him on basketball stuff, but I don’t think he is a bad person.

donkey face duke mofo. he can go eat waffles with his buddy shrek IMO.

Never been a big fan but he really got on my bad list when he was calling out Frank last year while completely ignoring the Grayson Allen comparison.

I get the impression he's a good fellow, so I can't hate him.

But he's REALLY bad as an analyst at times - although much, much, much, much, much improved from where he started. I think a lot of the hate likely stems from his first few years where he was sorta embarrassing in studio. To his credit he's improved a ton, but those takes last year were pretty notably awful.

Remember when they first told him to smile on air when he first started? Only time I've ever noticed some **** like that.

He always just had a stone-faced expression, and was always looking very serious. Someone must have told him part of being on TV was being warm, and smiling though. All of a sudden, he would just talk very seriously as he always did, and whenever he stopped talking, he would just do the most awkward full-tooth, no face-movement, smile and stare at the camera. It was hilarious, but again, embarrassing.

Never been a big fan but he really got on my bad list when he was calling out Frank last year while completely ignoring the Grayson Allen comparison.
Definition of a spineless chump imo. Jay that is.

I can never forgive him for that. He is dump but arrogant.

He stands for nothing and is gutless.

Every time I see him on TV, I cringe. He should have been a ditch digger.

I actively hated him when he was a player (partly because he was really good, partly because he played for Duke, and partly because I was a dumb kid) but now mostly I just feel bad that his career was derailed by the motorcycle thing.

I’ll never understand having strong feelings for a studio guy though. I mean who cares.

I actively hated him when he was a player (partly because he was really good, partly because he played for Duke, and partly because I was a dumb kid) but now mostly I just feel bad that his career was derailed by the motorcycle thing.

I’ll never understand having strong feelings for a studio guy though. I mean who cares.
:raises hand:

The only question remaining is:
Will you see J-Will in Hell? ;)
I'm almost 100% sure the answer to that question has already been recorded on this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom