Does anyone else feel this way about a news provider? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone else feel this way about a news provider?

Not to defend this new batch of "writers", but do they come up with their own headlines or do the editors create them?
The way the "Impressive or Embarrassed" article was written I would say he came up with that one. Even if he didn't, the article is junk anyway. There was no reason to write it except to piss people off.

Apparently the PS football writers slant their headlines to alienate and anger their readership.
You wonder if they are attempting to appeal to a cynical fanbase?

Market's mixed/flat today...so as usual, maybe the truth lies in the middle.
As it usually does. That's why I try to avoid the mainstream media.

You wonder if they are attempting to appeal to a cynical fanbase?
I think they're trying to be Cowherd and say something to get a reaction. I guess it worked.

I had a rcent exchange w/ a non-sports writer about the headline to his aricle. He aplogized and explained that he does not get to write the headlines.

I did not read the articles in questions so I do not know if the complaint is w/ the articles or the headlines, but I do agree w/ the original premise.

I had a rcent exchange w/ a non-sports writer about the headline to his aricle. He aplogized and explained that he does not get to write the headlines.
I'm no journalist, but I'd guess that the writers provide headlines with their articles, then the editors choose to use them, truncate them, or make up new ones based on available space, how many columns the article will get on the page, etc. Which makes it difficult to figure out who to blame for the bad ones.