Does anyone else fill out a blank bracket as they announce the field? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone else fill out a blank bracket as they announce the field?

I used to do that but stopped a couple years ago. It's easier to print it out 5 minutes after they announce it. Then I spend all night analyzing the match ups and start making my picks which I won't finish until the next night. There's so much data online these days that you can go crazy comparing teams.

I've done it since 1991 before I could hop online and print one. I've filled out the bracket live ever since. Tradition
tradition-1-fiddler.jpg

Hell, for almost 20 years I used to run my NCAA Pool by hand. I'd have to hand score 50-60 paper brackets after each round.

Now I just let CBS handle it. :p

I actually hand write them in still. My wife says to me "why are you writing them down when it will be on espn.com in 10 minutes?"

I tell her "to analyze at the commercial breaks"
This is the 1st year I don't have a notebook filled out in about 30 yrs. Mr. Interweb finally has won the battle. Just too easy to find all your stats at the click of a mouse. LOL

Absolutely, it doesn't go online until it is complete so I need to have it in front of me as it happens

absolutely i do it every yr since they do it so fast i can look back at it during breaks and that the bracket isnt available online until after 7

Even though you can print one off 1 minute after the show ends?

Or am I the only loser who does this still?
Both me and my 12 year old son did this last night as the teams were selected as we do every year. I even write down the place and days of the games for each four team pod as Gumbel states them. Why, I don't really know.

This is the first year in as long as I can remember that I did not do this, because I had freakin' work get in the freakin' way and I was unable to catch the selection show live.

Even though you can print one off 1 minute after the show ends?

Or am I the only loser who does this still?

No additional losers have surfaced since last year when you asked this. Or at least none that are willing to expose themselves (you know what I mean, perverts...). :)

Both me and my 12 year old son did this last night as the teams were selected as we do every year. I even write down the place and days of the games for each four team pod as Gumbel states them. Why, I don't really know.

So do I. Habit I guess.

I also write all of the scores from the first and second round down as well as all of the halftime scores. Why I have no idea. To look back on probably.

No additional losers have surfaced since last year when you asked this. Or at least none that are willing to expose themselves (you know what I mean, perverts...). :)

This is the peak of my loserness (this week). Staying up until 2 AM last night watching the Big Sky title game on ESPN3 was probably not the best decision I could have made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom