Does anyone else fill out a blank bracket as they announce the field? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone else fill out a blank bracket as they announce the field?

Yes. I have my Excel (and many years ago my Lotus 1-2-3) spreadsheet ready and type as fast as I freaking can as they are announcing the draw. There is absolutely no need to do this, but old habits die hard. Very hard.

Lololol, no I don't do that any more - but I find it awesome for some reason that you both still do.

Kudos to you two!

Nah goes too fast I wait till I can print one off with the teams on it so I can start playing with different scenarios

Yes. I have my Excel (and many years ago my Lotus 1-2-3) spreadsheet ready and type as fast as I freaking can as they are announcing the draw. There is absolutely no need to do this, but old habits die hard. Very hard.

lol, don't forget my favorite, "Harvard Graphics"...

I tend to be too busy ranting and raving like a lunatic on a message board about the Vommitee (Pearl trademark)

Especially Duke seed and draw.

Even though you can print one off 1 minute after the show ends?

Or am I the only loser who does this still?

Love that you still do that. I still want to...but then I don't given the Internets are here to serve my lazy @ss.

I actually hand write them in still. My wife says to me "why are you writing them down when it will be on espn.com in 10 minutes?"

I tell her "to analyze at the commercial breaks"

Even though you can print one off 1 minute after the show ends?

Or am I the only loser who does this still?

Before I got married I did this. Now I consider myself fortunate to be able to watch the selection show. I have convinced my wife of the important of SU games but still haven't swayed her on the importance of the selection show.

I've done it up until this year. Not sure about today. Probably. I do it so when they Syracuse I have our whole bracket there. So I can look at it before the printed one comes out.

I used to make a big poster bracket as a kid. I would spend Monday thru Wednesday on it and it was a lot of fun. If anyone has kids, it's a great way to keep them interested.

In college we used to do our entire wall in the living room. And it was a HUGE wall. Wish I had a pic.

In college we used to do our entire wall in the living room. And it was a HUGE wall. Wish I had a pic.
Why didn't you just use your cell phone camera?

Oh, right...

I used to do it in early 90s before brackets were easily accessible.

I lived in a rural area in Canada with no cable (only CBS affiliate via rabbit ears), so I needed to write it out, or wait for tomorrows newspaper.

Love that you still do that. I still want to...but then I don't given the Internets are here to serve my lazy @ss.

Not only do I fill it in as the show is going on, I continue to fill it out until I pick a winner. I always do it right away and go with my initial gut reaction before I can actually dive in and analyze matchups. Sad thing is I usually do better in this one than after looking and studying the bracket.

Still do a handwritten one on Sunday night. I'm old school.

The printed ones don't always show what pod everyone plays their 2nd - 3rd round games in, or who plays Thurs-Sat and Fri-Sun.

I even have two different colored hi-liters ready to go (orange for Thurs-Sat and blue for Fri-Sun).

Besides, how many times in your life do you get the chance to write out "Valpo".

F**k yeah!! :D

I've done it since 1991 before I could hop online and print one. I've filled out the bracket live ever since. Tradition

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All of my scenarios always end with Syracuse winning.

Yeah, I'm that person too. I've never done a bracket where Syracuse doesn't win it all. EVER. Even when we didn't make the tourney we were pulling it out somehow!

If it's a big money entry bracket, whether I think we have a shot or not, I'll split an entry and have someone else pick SU's side and the final.

I actually hand write them in still. My wife says to me "why are you writing them down when it will be on espn.com in 10 minutes?"

I tell her "to analyze at the commercial breaks"

That's awesome! I tell my wife the exact same thing. She then says "but you have 2 days to analyze it" to which I reply "babe, you'll never understand basketball."

All of my scenarios end with Syracuse winning.

Speaking of that I won an office pool once (when I worked in an office) it was 96 and everybody laughed at my bracket when I turned it in having Cuse going to the final and losing to KY LOL I laughed when I collected the 300 smackers from those fools

My tradition is always buying the USA Today on the Monday after Selection Sunday. Has little snippets about every team.

I love the Monday USA Today. Ahhh the per internet days

That's awesome! I tell my wife the exact same thing. She then says "but you have 2 days to analyze it" to which I reply "babe, you'll never understand basketball."

Too funny. Tonight she knows that I am out of commission until long after she goes to bed. I wont get off the chair I am sitting in for at least 6 more hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom