Does anyone know is the Watch ESPN app works in Europe? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone know is the Watch ESPN app works in Europe?

Ptzburghcuse

Walk On
I will be traveling to Europe this weekend and hoping not to miss the games.

Anyone tried the ESPN app in Europe?

It didn't work when I was over there trying to stream cuse football earlier in the year.

What did work was using a VPN to spoof your location to somewhere in the states. If you're tech savvy like that

It didn't work when I was over there trying to stream cuse football earlier in the year.

What did work was using a VPN to spoof your location to somewhere in the states. If you're tech savvy like that
many vpn apps out there

The app won't work at all. Can use vpn or easier is to google reddit ncaa basketball streams or football streams and there is always live streams avail of every game.

I will be traveling to Europe this weekend and hoping not to miss the games.

Anyone tried the ESPN app in Europe?

I live in London. I get my Cuse fix for free by using Hola. This VPN works pretty well. I can access games at espn.com/watch. I login with a US-based Spectrum cable account.

If you don't have a US cable account that gives access, yes you can subscribe to ESPN Player which will allow European access and will show the games you would see on ESPN Watch. One month subscription, if you are here a short time, then cancel.

I live in London. I get my Cuse fix for free by using Hola. This VPN works pretty well. I can access games at espn.com/watch. I login with a US-based Spectrum cable account.

If you don't have a US cable account that gives access, yes you can subscribe to ESPN Player which will allow European access and will show the games you would see on ESPN Watch. One month subscription, if you are here a short time, then cancel.

Hola Unblocker? I hope you don’t also do online banking on your computer. Good luck. Hola’s incredibly unsafe.

As several have already mentioned - VPN. I have used the Watch ESPN app on my phone/computer when in the EU to stream.

Windscribe is a nice vpn. You can get 10gb free per month. Select a country or us region to spoof.

Or, try bosscast.net and spend a few minutes dealing with the annoying pop ups, but it works.

Gonna be in London looking for a place to watch 'Cuse vs ND next weekend. Do you have a recommendation for a good sports bar to watch the game?

Gonna be in London looking for a place to watch 'Cuse vs ND next weekend.
Do you have a recommendation for a good sports bar to watch the game?

It is surprisingly harder than you would think. The most reliable place I tend to go to is the aptly named Sports Bar and Grill in Marylebone. Quite central and a decent place. I may try to go for that game. I'm trying to get through to confirm it will be on. There is another Sports Bar and Grill in Canary Wharf which is massive and I'm confident they will have it on. But the location is a bit out of the way, depending on where you are staying.

Thanks to all for the suggestions! - busy 'Cuse weekend in FB and BB - hoping it works.

It is surprisingly harder than you would think. The most reliable place I tend to go to is the aptly named Sports Bar and Grill in Marylebone. Quite central and a decent place. I may try to go for that game. I'm trying to get through to confirm it will be on. There is another Sports Bar and Grill in Canary Wharf which is massive and I'm confident they will have it on. But the location is a bit out of the way, depending on where you are staying.
Will be in Mayfair, so Marleybone sounds better. Let me know if you will be there - I'll buy you a pint (or two)..

Many home routers have a vpn server built in. I vpn from my iPhone to my home router in order to watch local programming via the Spectrum app. It also works fine for any of the other location based apps.

VPN app has worked for me when the game is blacked out on WatchESPN. Just pick a location that's outside the blackout area.

Will be in Mayfair, so Marleybone sounds better. Let me know if you will be there - I'll buy you a pint (or two)..

Definitely. I spoke with them today, sounds likely as they play college football on Saturdays, and as painful as ND (and their fans) are, the following will hopefully give us a shot at having the game on.. I have left a VM and sent an email so hopefully I can get confirmation.

Last edited:
Definitely. I spoke with them today, sounds likely as they play college football on Saturdays, and as painful as ND (and their fans) are, the following will hopefully give us a shot at having the game on.. I have left a VM and sent an email so hopefully I can get confirmation.

I spoke with the manager. They should have the schedule update by Monday / Tuesday.

I spoke with the manager. They should have the schedule update by Monday / Tuesday.

No dice at Sports Bar Marylebone unfortunately. Let me know if you come up with somewhere...

It was mentioned earlier, but use the ESPN Player app, they charge 20 a month, but it comes with a free 7 day trial as a new user. I live in Germany and that is what I use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom