Does BE adding 4 mean we're stuck? | Syracusefan.com

Does BE adding 4 mean we're stuck?

OrangeFlyer

Walk On
If the BE adds only four, there are only ten members not named Syracuse and Pittsburgh. Keeping SU and Pitt means a 12-team football conference with a championship game, and larger basketball attendances and shorter travel distances for the next 27 months. The Big East Tournament keeps SU as its biggest draw. Even a lame duck Pitt and SU are more attractive to the rest of the league than Houston and SMU.

Who in the hell knows bud, who in the hell knows...

If the BE adds only four, there are only ten members not named Syracuse and Pittsburgh. Keeping SU and Pitt means a 12-team football conference with a championship game, and larger basketball attendances and shorter travel distances for the next 27 months. The Big East Tournament keeps SU as its biggest draw. Even a lame duck Pitt and SU are more attractive to the rest of the league than Houston and SMU.

It's over man. Despite what the Bball types want, it's over.

How woud scheduling work then for Syracuse and Pitt? SU's schedule is set for the next two years. Who would buy out the non-conference games to add Central Florida, SMU and Houston to the schedule?

At the moment, we're in for a few more years.

How woud scheduling work then for Syracuse and Pitt? SU's schedule is set for the next two years. Who would buy out the non-conference games to add Central Florida, SMU and Houston to the schedule?
Huh?

With 12 teams it's an 8 game schedule. That's the same that Syracuse was prepared for with the addition of TCU.

In short: there's no issue.

Huh?

With 12 teams it's an 8 game schedule. That's the same that Syracuse was prepared for with the addition of TCU.

In short: there's no issue.

adding 1 team would replace TCU on the schedule. Add 3 or 4 teams and then there is a scheduling problem.

Syracuse OOC 2012
Norwestern
USC
Minnesota
Tulane

Syracuse OOC 2013
Penn State
Northwestern
Duke tentative
Boston College

Like I said, if the Big East adds 4 teams and hold Syracuse to 27 months who's going to buy out the OOC games to fit the new Big East games.

adding 1 team would replace TCU on the schedule. Add 3 or 4 teams and then there is a scheduling problem.

Syracuse OOC 2012
Norwestern
USC
Minnesota
Tulane

Syracuse OOC 2013
Penn State
Northwestern
Duke tentative
Boston College

Like I said, if the Big East adds 4 teams and hold Syracuse to 27 months who's going to buy out the OOC games to fit the new Big East games.
As long as there are only 8 league games, there is no issue.

The model of the ACC (and SEC?) is: play every member of your division (5 games) plus 3 cross-over games with the other division, for a total of 8 league games.

Now, how is the BE going to get to 12 teams?

Syracuse OOC 2012
Norwestern
USC
Minnesota
Tulane
BTW: the Tulane return date is still TBD. It could be next year or later.

Looking at all the current ACC teams, Pitt, and our future schedules it appears to me the best year for us to join in 2013. Then everyone would be able to play 9 ACC games without having to move too much around. I think next year would be a bit of a headache for teams. So I am going to guess we start in 2013 for FB and 2012-13 for BBall.

Looking at the potential BE replacements it appears that Boise St, Air Force, SMU, HOU, and UCF could all easily join the BE in 2012 without issue. However how does Navy get out of 12 non BE games that they have scheduled for the next 10 years? How early can they come, or will they? I doubt they come in 2012 but that is ok for the BE since Pitt and SU will still be there.

So I am going to guess that Boise St, Air Force, SMU, and HOU are added to the BE for next year to create a champ game. Then in 2013 they add UCF and Navy to replace SU and Pitt. As long as Navy can get there in 2013 we are gone.

guys, the mountain usa conf just killed the bigeast.

its over.

the 6 leftovers, maybe less if some go to the bevo...will join that.

that covers your 6th bcs conf and congress cant do anything.

end of story.