Does ED have a dead arm | Syracusefan.com

Does ED have a dead arm

kcsu

Living Legend
He lacks zip. Seems to float everything. Arm seems off.

Maybe he has co-dependency issues?
Naw he moved all the way from Oregon. As to TT follow his progress. I will bet that there will remain issues with him and his mother forever. Not something to kid.

Naw he moved all the way from Oregon. As to TT follow his progress. I will bet that there will remain issues with him and his mother forever. Not something to kid.
TT ?

I don't know about dead arm but I wonder whether his running so much distracts him from trying harder to check down his receivers.

Reactions: FAL

Dungey = accuracy, decision making, scrambling ability, knowledge of the O. Arm strength has never been great, IMO.

Didn't help that the receivers seemed to have smeared their hands with Crisco...

I think the strength of his arm has always been suspect as is his accuracy in the pocket. He is best freelancing but needs to keep his eyes down field. IMHO we need to focus on throws that are mid range and in the center of the field. He does not throw a good deep ball.

Outside of the WF game in the hurricane that was his worst game in Orange and suddenly he can't play.

The MMQB'ing over his performance is quite ridiculous. Something tells me he's going to be the Tyler Lydon of the football team this year and people won't be happy even when he plays well.

Outside of the WF game in the hurricane that was his worst game in Orange and suddenly he can't play.

The MMQB'ing over his performance is quite ridiculous. Something tells me he's going to be the Tyler Lydon of the football team this year and people won't be happy even when he plays well.
Most of his "playing well" is based on his WR's playing well. In game one a lot of his passes were floaters or under thrown and the WR bailed him out. In game two the WR's dropped a lot of passes however, almost all those drops were short sideline passes. I am beginning to believe there is a reason that ED does not throw to the middle of the field and the coaches know it and never call even a post play. That is just my opinion so please don't start "Killdozer Hunting"

Dungey = accuracy, decision making, scrambling ability, knowledge of the O. Arm strength has never been great, IMO.
I disagree. I have never thought he was a future NFL quarterback, but he has played MUCH better than this in the past two seasons. This game in my opinion was his worst game. Even in games we were behind and came back to win (but mostly lost), I felt he gave us a chance to win.

I wish the coaching staff would have prepared him more for MTSU's blitzing packages. He definitely seemed lost. He should have gotten rid of the ball sooner. Taking a risk of an interception is better than accepting all of the sacks we sustained.

I don't expect to win against the likes of Clemson or FSU, I just like to see it stay interesting and "somewhat" close. If we lose to CMU then I will definitely fall into depression. Go Cuse.

EDIT: I don't disagree about his accuracy or arm strength. Misread post. My bad.

Reactions: 007
1eqFSrO.gif

New QB coach says no ;)

Most of his "playing well" is based on his WR's playing well. In game one a lot of his passes were floaters or under thrown and the WR bailed him out. In game two the WR's dropped a lot of passes however, almost all those drops were short sideline passes. I am beginning to believe there is a reason that ED does not throw to the middle of the field and the coaches know it and never call even a post play. That is just my opinion so please don't start "Killdozer Hunting"

You need more arm strength to throw to the sideline so I'm not buying that. We had multiple drops in the first game on perfectly thrown balls and if he never threw it to the middle of the field he wouldn't have had an interception, but Syracuse message board gonna Syracuse message board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom