Does JAB know | Syracusefan.com

Does JAB know

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
There is a 3 point in college basketball? Because I think he believes the rules are same when he was a walk on. SU absolutely has no one on this team that can consistently be an accurate 3 point shooter. He doesn't recruit 3 point shooters and his patented zone allows more open threes than a practice shooting session. It is a rule change that has changed college basketball and if you do not. Have players that can shoot them you can not win against teams that do.
Watching this tournament and the teams that advanced I don't believe the number of three point shots that have determined the winners versus the losers. Teams making them left and right and the celebrated Orange go zip for ten!

He did recruit a shooter, who has been awful for the better part of the season.

If Cooney could have knocked down a couple threes we would have won, if Cj could have knocked down a couple more shots, we would have won.

There is a 3 point in college basketball? Because I think he believes the rules are same when he was a walk on. SU absolutely has no one on this team that can consistently be an accurate 3 point shooter. He doesn't recruit 3 point shooters and his patented zone allows more open threes than a practice shooting session. It is a rule change that has changed college basketball and if you do not. Have players that can shoot them you can not win against teams that do.
Watching this tournament and the teams that advanced I don't believe the number of three point shots that have determined the winners versus the losers. Teams making them left and right and the celebrated Orange go zip for ten!

Do you know if there a shooters on the bench that just haven't developed enough for playing time?

Do you know if there a shooters on the bench that just haven't developed enough for playing time?
I think there are clearly shooters on the bench. Heck cooney, Ennis and G can shoot. Just whiffed all at once.

Didn't Stanford just win by going 0-9 from 3? And dook hit 15 3's or whatever and lost. It's called balance. And many years the zone has been one of the best at preventing 3's. Some years you have the personnel that executes and some you don't.

The coach sucks, the offensive system sucks, the recruiting sucks...our pets heads are falling off

Wow - this post actually made me laugh.

Well done & thanks for great Dumb & Dumber reference.

tumblr_lqpuyj2peb1qa2lz8o1_500.png

There is a lot of focus on the shooting and rightfully so but I think our bigger flaw over the last couple years has been the lack of any low post threat. If only he would recruit a MCD AA center!!

Wow - this post actually made me laugh.

Well done & thanks for great Dumb & Dumber reference.

tumblr_lqpuyj2peb1qa2lz8o1_500.png
Every once in awhile I come up with something funny. One of my favorite comedies growing up

Watching this tournament and the teams that advanced I don't believe the number of three point shots that have determined the winners versus the losers. Teams making th
There is a lot of focus on the shooting and rightfully so but I think our bigger flaw over the last couple years has been the lack of any low post threat. If only he would recruit a MCD AA center!!
The 3 point shot changes the game period. Watching Nc v Iowa st.

Well sure but how do you get good 3's? Pushing tempo (we didn't), dribble drive kickouts (we didn't), or playing inside out in the half court (we didn't)

BostonOrange said:

Or just develop one. The lack of development of our bigs is getting to be ridiculous.

Briancuse said:
a shooter

Exactly, "A" shooter, as in one. Like many others, I've watched wall to wall basketball since Thursday. 90% of Cooney's 3 point shots are him running around and curling around a screen. Most everyone else I have watched, 90% of them aren't taking those kind of threes.

How is it that so many other 3 point shooters get straight up 3's even many times without a lot of pressure on the shooter?

Watching all these games, I'll tell you how. They have multiple players that can hit a 3 or at least a jumper outside the paint on a consistent basis. We don't. Sure, Fair, Ennis and even G can hit an occasional 3 but none of then are perceived as a "threat" where they garner the defensive attention.

Other shooters also get their good looks on a 3 because others will drive and then kick it back out. More still will get looks when a pass is dumped inside to a big who will then turn and pass it out to the other side.

I don't know how many 3's I saw taken, and made, where the 3 point shooter already had his feet set, hands ready to receive a pass, and just catches and shoots. Not every one of them but an awful lot. We get almost none. We also get very few fast break kick it to the shooter or trailer type 3's either.

All of the above contribute to the difficulties of Cooney getting good looks and making more. Sure, he needs to make more coming around the screen, but those sure aren't "good looks" compared to the other ways shooters can get looks.

Not one player I have seen since Thursday has worked as hard as Cooney in getting a shot off. Nobody. There's a reason for that.

Who says it has to be one shooter? Why not multiple? That's why there's 12 people on the roster.

And yes, what bees said. How often does Cooney step into a shot? Never. Reasons?

- doesn't create his own
- little transition
- few kick outs

Exactly, "A" shooter, as in one. Like many others, I've watched wall to wall basketball since Thursday. 90% of Cooney's 3 point shots are him running around and curling around a screen. Most everyone else I have watched, 90% of them aren't taking those kind of threes.

How is it that so many other 3 point shooters get straight up 3's even many times without a lot of pressure on the shooter?

Watching all these games, I'll tell you how. They have multiple players that can hit a 3 or at least a jumper outside the paint on a consistent basis. We don't. Sure, Fair, Ennis and even G can hit an occasional 3 but none of then are perceived as a "threat" where they garner the defensive attention.

Other shooters also get their good looks on a 3 because others will drive and then kick it back out. More still will get looks when a pass is dumped inside to a big who will then turn and pass it out to the other side.

I don't know how many 3's I saw taken, and made, where the 3 point shooter already had his feet set, hands ready to receive a pass, and just catches and shoots. Not every one of them but an awful lot. We get almost none. We also get very few fast break kick it to the shooter or trailer type 3's either.

All of the above contribute to the difficulties of Cooney getting good looks and making more. Sure, he needs to make more coming around the screen, but those sure aren't "good looks" compared to the other ways shooters can get looks.

Not one player I have seen since Thursday has worked as hard as Cooney in getting a shot off. Nobody. There's a reason for that.

[Exactly, "A" shooter, as in one. Like many others, I've watched wall to wall basketball since Thursday. 90% of Cooney's 3 point shots are him running around and curling around a screen. Most everyone else I have watched, 90% of them aren't taking those kind of threes.

Not one player I have seen since Thursday has worked as hard as Cooney in getting a shot off. Nobody. There's a reason for that.[/quote]well...I agree with you in that we don't make it easy for cooney. We do not do the things (run, penetrate and kick, low post) that create open threes. With that said, he has also missed a pretty good # of open looks. And maybe more importantly, he does nothing out there offensively if he isn't making shots. So yeah, we can say it sucks for him that he isn't getting good looks, but if that is his reality given the other four guys on the court he needs to either find a way to contribute or it doesn't make sense to have him out there.

Mostly agree with you. Cooney does have to work waaaaaay too hard just to get his looks.

But I think we see other teams get such good looks becaue they move the ball so much better than we do. Crisp, quick ball movement gets defenders out of position and opens up the floor especially if you go inside/out. How often do we see SU go inside/out? Christmas gets it inside and a shot goes up. Fair got the ball and either drove, turned it over or took a jumper. JG always looked to get to the rim. Very, very rarely do we ever see them get the ball in the paint and look to kick out to Cooney/Ennis. Our offensive movement is just awful. We don't get easy looks because we don't work for them like other teams. We run more isolation that any team in the country (unofficial :))

When we were playing weaker teams earlier in the year, those open looks were more readily available and Cooney had time to catch and shoot. The past two months he spent time running himself ragged off of screens. And I'm not sure he's a great shooter off the curl. Of course he did miss a ton of open catch and shoot looks where he was set, but I think fatigue and mechanics were an issue.