Does Kansas Have ANY Chance Tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Does Kansas Have ANY Chance Tonight?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
ESPN talking heads are saying if Kansas wins, it would be an upset in the mold of an NC State or Villanova.

I disagree. Kansas was a top 10 team all year, and although Kentucky's clearly been the best of the best this year, they're not an all-time GREAT team.

I think Kansas has much more than a puncher's chance tonight, and although I think Kentucky will win, Kansas CAN win this and WILL keep it close.

FWIW, the line is -6.5 right now. (Kentucky)

Thoughts?

I want to look at this like Kansas has a chance, because I really like Bill Self and Thomas Robinson. But after watching both teams, I feel like UK could win this by 15+ easily.

Ridiculous.

Not only do they have a very good team that is peaking at the right time, Self is a very good coach.

Davis will actually have to defend the interior with a guy that has actual moves.

UK is awesome, but Kansas can surely beat them.

I want to look at this like Kansas has a chance, because I really like Bill Self and Thomas Robinson. But after watching both teams, I feel like UK could win this by 15+ easily.

Sums up exactly how I feel.

[quote="MikeSU02, post: 255774, member:
Davis will actually have to defend the interior with a guy that has actual [/quote]

Withey?

[quote="MikeSU02, post: 255774, member:
Davis will actually have to defend the interior with a guy that has actual

Withey?[/quote]

Robinson. Davis is going to have to help on Robinson.

taylor will HAVE to make three to four 3's.....he's due

Less than one month ago, this Kentucky team lost to Vanderbilt on a neutral floor. They can lose a game.

Kentucky is the clear favourite, but Kansas still has a decent shot at winning this,

Withey?

Robinson. Davis is going to have to help on Robinson.[/quote]

he is going to help, sure. but he is going to be guarding withey, not robinson.

I am actually interested to see how well Witney can contain Davis. Witney has the height and is a solid defender/shot blocker. I also believe he is smart enough to stay out of foul trouble.

Kansas certainly has more than a fighter's chance. And, talk of it being a Goliath type upset is foolish by the talking heads. Hardly would call minus 6.5 such a feat. NC State was a 6th seed, Nova was an 8. Kansas is the #1 2 seed in the tourney. Upset yes, one of historic proportion...absolutely not.

The school from the SEC has the better team and will likely win. But this isn't Butler against Duke or Uconn. Kansas is good enough to win, but they have to play really well for a full 40. I think they have to disrupt Teague because he has a poor handle and knock down some shots. If the school from the SEC shoots free throws like they did against IU they win, but if they shoot free throws like they did against the Ville they may lose.

As stuckinbig11 said: "anything can happen when FR are playing."

That said, I hope Kentucky wins by 30+.

44cuse

Kansas only has a top-2 coach and top-2 player in TROB, but with enough pluck and grit I suppose anything can happen.

If Indiana and Vanderbilt can beat Kentucky, then Kansas sure as hell can, too.

I don't think they will, but of COURSE they have a chance.

he is going to help, sure. but he is going to be guarding withey, not robinson.

actually Cal said they may play some zone because of Robinson, probably a good idea

whether they can play zone is another question

As stuckinbig11 said: "anything can happen when FR are playing."

That said, I hope Kentucky wins by 30+.

44cuse
this is dumb, 3 of their 6 players are 2 sophs and a senior

just like in their other 2 losses, the only thing that beats them is if they get one or 2 guys in foul trouble, and with a guy like TRob that is very possible

Is Kentucky a bigger favourite than Duke in 1999 was vs UConn?

what he said

this is dumb, 3 of their 6 players are 2 sophs and a senior

just like in their other 2 losses, the only thing that beats them is if they get one or 2 guys in foul trouble, and with a guy like TRob that is very possible

Ah, no...it's not dumb. If Anthony Davis disappears...the AP Player of the Year and Naismith POY who is a FR...the game is far more even than if he plays his game. And on top of that, 3 of their 5 starters are FR and the other two guys are SO. Their starting PG and their best player are both FR.

6 players on that team average 25 mins+. 3 of them are FR. The next highest player in terms of minutes plays 11 minutes. Kentucky goes 7 deep. FR make mistakes and making mistakes can be getting into foul trouble.

So if their FR don't play well, they will be in uncharted waters.

If you're going to call something dumb, at least be right.

44cuse

Ah, no...it's not dumb. If Anthony Davis disappears...the AP Player of the Year and Naismith POY who is a FR...the game is far more even than if he plays his game. And on top of that, 3 of their 5 starters are FR and the other two guys are SO. Their starting PG and their best player are both FR.

6 players on that team average 25 mins+. 3 of them are FR. The next highest player in terms of minutes plays 11 minutes. Kentucky goes 7 deep. FR make mistakes and making mistakes can be getting into foul trouble.

So if their FR don't play well, they will be in uncharted waters.

If you're going to call something dumb, at least be right.

44cuse
lol, you mean if their players don't play well they will be in trouble? got it

lol, you mean if their players don't play well they will be in trouble? got it

No, I mean FR make mistakes. And that is what the original post was about.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom