Does Moyer Look Too Heavy? | Syracusefan.com

Does Moyer Look Too Heavy?

NYCorange

2nd String
His face looks a lot bigger than I remember, and he seems really slow of foot. I don't know if it's the long basketball layoff, or the staff's training regimen, but he doesn't look explosive at all. Hopefully he's just rusty.

The players are for sure still getting back into game shape. I think you might be the only person to call Moyer too heavy, though, haha.

Maybe not “heavy” but he looks soft and not toned for sure.

Agreed, he's not muscular. He's kind of like a marathon runner (no offense to the marathoners here), in that he's what some refer to as "skinny fat."

He’s an odd player. Just looks like a tall, awkward dude off the street.

Sort of. Actually, he reminds me of the guys I play with who used to play in college about 4-5 years ago. Not putting in the lifting time anymore, and don't play nearly as much as they used to. That's what I see.

Haha. Funny you mention him. I had the same thought at the game...he reminded me of Derek Brower.

For you youngins...that would not be a compliment.
Some good stuff including a nice article posted by our late, great OE:
OT- Derrick Brower

Browser was a legit big time recruit

He was a legitimately big recruit.

Good analogy, Clifton. I hadnt seen the guy play before these 2 games, and the word "awkward" that people are using seems apt.

I was agreeing with the OP too, but I think SoBe nailed it with the "soft" looking. Maybe he can become lifting partners with House(MD), and will pull a Dion coming back all cut next season?

Has anyone else noticed his gait being rather unique? I miss some details in life, but others jump out at me more than the average person, and I find his gait(at least jogging to the sidelines) kind of amusing, maybe on the same level I found Cooney's jog to the bench. I'm not trying to mock the kid, just expressing my initial impressions after finally seeing him play. I found myself cheering for him the same way I did BMK...and like was said about a Brower comparison for the young folks, that is not a good thing.

I loved his enthusiasm on Twitter, if only he can channel that spirit on the court.

You may be right. Ive heard verticle stripes can make a person look more thin.

hg_dunk_contest_group_2013_tour.jpg

For you and CaptainJ

If I were in the NFL, I'd take a knee FOR the soldiers... and the veterans too. I may take abuse for being off topic on occasion(much less than earlier versions of me), but I think even the tiniest bit to shift conscious can eventually have the butterfly effect of saving lives, and those guys take a lot more abuse. They aren't heavy, theyre my brothers(and I guess sisters now too, and apparently I'm told "other" category now too, I dont watch tv). Thanks for that, it reminded me that even after a game like this, we have a lot to be thankful for.

My main man Matthew Moyer masterfully maintained much more melodious movement Monday, meandering magnificently.

Is anyone else as entertained by his gait as I am?

The players are for sure still getting back into game shape. I think you might be the only person to call Moyer too heavy, though, haha.
my son said the same thing, and he is slow???

Haha. Funny you mention him. I had the same thought at the game...he reminded me of Derek Brower.

For you youngins...that would not be a compliment.

I remember in one game program, the players where pictured at their favorite spots around the campus. Derek was pictured at McDonalds, wolfing down a Big Mac.

upload_2017-11-7_8-47-5.png