Does the ACC have the votes to “Temple” FSU? | Syracusefan.com

Does the ACC have the votes to “Temple” FSU?

IMG_7666.jpeg

Was DJU the most overhyped QB recruit ever? He must've been rated high out of high school simply because of measureables. He's been terrible. Time to switch to TE dude.

It comes off like it (and he might be) because the portal and NIL make it so he keeps getting chances like a journeyman nfl qb.

also hurts worse that the other top guys in his class were Bryce and CJ.

Does Syracuse and BC have the votes to get into the BIG?

0 and 2. Wait until FSU AD sees fan attendance drop to 15k a game as fans bail on the team. It's easier paying attorney fees when you know coffers are full. Suddenly team falls, fans are like FU FSU and the AD has to ask outside counsel if they can operate on net 360 payment terms for submitted invoices. Outside counsel's response?
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

0 and 2. Wait until FSU AD sees fan attendance drop to 15k a game as fans bail on the team. It's easier paying attorney fees when you know coffers are full. Suddenly team falls, fans are like FU FSU and the AD has to ask outside counsel if they can operate on net 360 payment terms for submitted invoices. Outside counsel's response?
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE
But wait it gets better

FSU over the summer gave said AD a raise and contract extension.

I can’t get enough of this.

IMG_4546.jpeg

Florida State’s two year run of success has ended. Clearly that was an outlier and now they’re back to their usual mediocre ways.

I just don’t think they have the means to compete in the ACC.

Fun fact, FIVE ACC schools have more wins since 2017 than FSU.

Clemson: 81
NC State: 57
Miami: 51
Wake Forest: 51
Pitt: 51
FSU: 49

I guess Wake should be lobbying the SEC hard. They can compete in the ACC better than FSU, and they bring the North Carolina market the SEC craves. Fire up the lawsuit, baby!

View attachment 244359

Florida State’s two year run of success has ended. Clearly that was an outlier and now they’re back to their usual mediocre ways.

This is their 3rd 0-2 start in the last 5 seasons (all under Norvell). Really their "success" isn't even a 2 year span. Going into their game on 10/29/22 they were 4-3. They then went on to win their next 19 in a row. Outside of that long win streak they are 30-39 overall and 18-29 in the ACC. That 19 game stretch seems like the outlier.

It is kind of crazy that over the last 9 seasons FSU is 35-32 in ACC play (including the CG last year). That is a long stretch to barely be over .500 in conference.

Clemson, as bad as they looked, played the #1 team in the country.

FSU has been a -10 and -16.5 favorite, and lost both games, the second being at home and handedly.

FSU is 0-2 in conference and Clemson is 0-0 in conference. We'll see on Clemson, but boy is this fun looking at FSU.

View attachment 244359

And that wining ACC record in 2022 of 5-3 was a referees gift on a bad call to give them a victory against us.

Clemson, as bad as they looked, played the #1 team in the country.

FSU has been a -10 and -16.5 favorite, and lost both games, the second being at home and handedly.

FSU is 0-2 in conference and Clemson is 0-0 in conference. We'll see on Clemson, but boy is this fun looking at FSU.
Also, the two programs FSU has lost to so far both had a projected win total of 4.5.

Nice.

Also, the two programs FSU has lost to so far both had a projected win total of 4.5.

Nice.

Florida St looks like a broken team with a bad QB. As a friend said, this is why they were trying for Cam Ward so hard. But the overall team looks like something is just fractured in the program this year. If you look at their schedule, normally I'd say they are teed up for a winning streak, but the team looks really off.

Clemson just doesn't seem to be as talented as they used to be. Dabo's portal usage (or lack there of) and poor development of WRs and QBs has removed them from that elite level they were on for a while (which, if Bama wasn't on its run simultaneously, would be remembered much more). The Clemson thing may just be that things change, Dabo and crew can't keep up, but they had such a good run, it's what it is. If they still win 9/10 games a year, a lot of teams would take that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom