Dolezaj , filling the stat sheets | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj , filling the stat sheets

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
So close to a triple double with 10 points 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Even though the opponent wasn’t the greatest it’s still an impressive feat. I can see him becoming legendary around here sorta like Paul Harris was in this message board.

So close to a triple double with 10 points 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Even though the opponent wasn’t the greatest it’s still an impressive feat. I can see him becoming legendary around here sorta like Paul Harris was in this message board.

Harris is sooooo The Anti Marek! heh

Harris was such a crazy physical specimen that even board Genius Macen Atom predicted his greatness. And I understand why... I met him pre playing days with Hopkins and was extremely impressed with his build at 17 yrs old.

Marek is a serious underperformer in the weight room, and he wasn't gifted with a Harris type physique, but his decisionmaking skill with the ball in his hands seems superior.

Harris is sooooo The Anti Marek! heh

Harris was such a crazy physical specimen that even board Genius Macen Atom predicted his greatness. And I understand why... I met him pre playing days with Hopkins and was extremely impressed with his build at 17 yrs old.

Marek is a serious underperformer in the weight room, and he wasn't gifted with a Harris type physique, but his decisionmaking skill with the ball in his hands seems superior.
Its not his build im referring to when comparing the two, its more of a Paul Harris is the only man alive to beat up Chuck Norris type of thing lol.

Marek reminds me a lot of CJ Fair, except even MORE versatile. In two years, he's going to be phenomenal.

Not really close. 3 assists is a lot.

What amazes me is how quickly he is coming along. 2 exhibitions, 3 games and JB is already running the zone offense through him. He seems to naturally know where to go and where the open guy is at all times. Even without being a shooter he is constantly stretching and stressing the defense just by his court awarness.

What amazes me is how quickly he is coming along. 2 exhibitions, 3 games and JB is already running the zone offense through him. He seems to naturally know where to go and where the open guy is at all times. Even without being a shooter he is constantly stretching and stressing the defense just by his court awarness.

Not that surprising -- talented Euro prospect, who's played against adults for several years. That experience was bound to translate. He's a keeper, despite his stature limitations.

Not that surprising -- talented Euro prospect, who's played against adults for several years. That experience was bound to translate. He's a keeper, despite his stature limitations.

I think he is going to be our best all around forward this year. He is one of those rare talents that effects the game on both ends and makes everyone better simply by the way he plays.

I think he is going to be our best all around forward this year. He is one of those rare talents that effects the game on both ends and makes everyone better simply by the way he plays.

One of the reasons I compared him to CJ Fair above is for the reason you describe. Some players have a different level of hoops IQ.

Perhaps our new point forward.

To be fair, I haven't seen him play yet, although I can't wait. But he's what, 6-9 and 180? Good grief, I'm 5-11 and 170. Yes he had some good numbers, but he also had 3 of the team's 10 turnovers tonight. Let's let the kid develop - in more ways than one - before we start projecting the burden of pro play upon him.

image.jpg

To be fair, I haven't seen him play yet, although I can't wait. But he's what, 6-9 and 180? Good grief, I'm 5-11 and 170. Yes he had some good numbers, but he also had 3 of the team's 10 turnovers tonight. Let's let the kid develop - in more ways than one - before we start projecting the
burden of pro play upon him.

For most of the second halve the offense was going through him, he had seven assists, and was handling the ball often. For a frosh under that scenario three turns is really quite good.
I am not ready to say he is pro material, but I can say he will be a damn fine player for us.

To be fair, I haven't seen him play yet, although I can't wait. But he's what, 6-9 and 180? Good grief, I'm 5-11 and 170. Yes he had some good numbers, but he also had 3 of the team's 10 turnovers tonight. Let's let the kid develop - in more ways than one - before we start projecting the burden of pro play upon him.
He already played pro ball so its no burden.