Dolezaj's future | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj's future

If Marek had a better handle, he’d be a lot more versatile as a player. He needs to work on his ball handling and speed. And eat lots of McDonalds.
He's actually demonstrated a handle a few times on the fast break. I just wonder if maybe the staff doesn't want the ball sticking in his hands too long, even if he is capable of handling the ball. He did play point guard when he was younger, after all.

I think of him as a slim Draymond Green. A facilitator and Swiss Army Knife.

It was posted out of reference to a poster who made the following post prior to his arrival in 2017

"IMO this kid is more likely to be 1 and done than he is a 4 year guy. Stunned people don't see that he would have dominated HS gyms if he was American. Kid would be 5 star

He will probably be our 3rd best player this year... and quite possibly our best next year. Keith Van horn w more athleticism. "

He is a good hard working kid however. I think 10ppg is about his max, but he does other things well with the ball.

It was posted out of reference to a poster who made the following post prior to his arrival in 2017

"IMO this kid is more likely to be 1 and done than he is a 4 year guy. Stunned people don't see that he would have dominated HS gyms if he was American. Kid would be 5 star

He will probably be our 3rd best player this year... and quite possibly our best next year. Keith Van horn w more athleticism. "

He is a good hard working kid however. I think 10ppg is about his max, but he does other things well with the ball.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think he will ever be a top-three option on offense that consistently creates his own shot and averages close to 20 ppg, or is it more likely that he will progressively become a better and more efficient role player/glue guy ( i.e. sets up teammates well, makes the open shot off the catch, gets offensive boards, creates turnovers)?
Will he ever be a top option depends on the talent brought in. Same could be said just about anybody though. He will be a 20 guy though. The combination of points, rebounds an assist. That is a very valuable player.

he's no star. but he's a guy you'd like in your program. not starting at center tho...

he has the skill set to produce bobby lazor @ asu type numbers ...

but i question whether he has the assertiveness to take his place & demand the usage among a bunch of talented teammates even if he is the more gifted one

Yup...skillset will be there, his mentality to be a scorer may not be

He doesn't pump fake enough for a Syracuse stretch 4/5.

"Come, my son. I will teach you."

ol0E8_H0_400x400.jpg

true. kueth duany accepted his role and filled it well. brought everything you want. skill, smarts and heart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom