Class of 2022 - Dom Pietramala (MD: Boys Latin) Attack to UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Dom Pietramala (MD: Boys Latin) Attack to UNC

Bingo. This is what it's about. Notice anything about the coaches of the schools Dom was said to be considering? Tierney, Tambroni, Desko, Toomey. Those are Petro's buddies in the coaching landscape. He either coached with/under them or in the case of Desko and Toomey, he "came of age" in the sport at roughly the same time and thus likely have similar sensibilities/styles (Yes I know Desko is a bit older).

I don't think Dom ends up at Syracuse, but we shouldn't be shocked he's (allegedly) considering them. We've already seen plenty of kids transfer between Hopkins and Cuse, including one this year. Between the sidelines it's as heated a rivalry as there is but at the end of the day real lacrosse fans respect both programs.
Maybe I am not a real fan. I hate every team in Maryland especially Hopkins. They act like they invented the game and look down on everyone else. Hopkins makes the tournament field every year because the committee has that same bias. Homewood Field is referred to Homerwood for a reason. They get all the calls. They prefer to count championships with wooden sticks and call themselves the best program ever. We loved to chant 87 for years until they finally broke through and won in 2005 and 2007. I hate the stupid blue Jay on the helmet. Petri and his bully demeanor on the sidelines wouod grate on me. I HATE Hopkins:)

Maybe I am not a real fan. I hate every team in Maryland especially Hopkins. They act like they invented the game and look down on everyone else. Hopkins makes the tournament field every year because the committee has that same bias. Homewood Field is referred to Homerwood for a reason. They get all the calls. They prefer to count championships with wooden sticks and call themselves the best program ever. We loved to chant 87 for years until they finally broke through and won in 2005 and 2007. I hate the stupid blue Jay on the helmet. Petri and his bully demeanor on the sidelines wouod grate on me. I HATE Hopkins:)
I hear you, but consider the idea of putting the former coach and icons son, who happens to be a top 2 recruit in Orange and see how the Hop faithful react. The rivalry would add a major twist. It would be sweet!

Mother knows best.

6B03C926-86BD-4042-AAEC-D7557ED12E1F.gif

With that, UNC's '22 class has definitely jumped into the UVA/Cuse tier, if not surpassed it. Tough to beat that trio of 5 stars on offense in my opinion, but I'm also probably higher on Dom's potential than the consensus.

Just to clarify, some members on the board were hinting a big signing was coming soon after Spallina - was it Dom? I had gotten my hopes up about this one.

Well at least Gray and that incredible first middie line will be gone. Solomon and Kelly (or anyone named Kelly for that matter) are not overly scary to me as of now if they are around as seniors. Their defense will hopefully continue to struggle. On a more big picture level Breschi doesn't scare me that much as a coach. But damn he sure can recruit.

It would have been the ultimate troll move for Dom to put Syracuse in his list of final schools just to make the Cuse faithful think they had a chance at landing him and get their hopes up for something that was never going to happen in the first place

I don't think that's the case, but you never know ;)

It would have been the ultimate troll move for Dom to put Syracuse in his list of final schools just to make the Cuse faithful think they had a chance at landing him and get their hopes up for something that was never going to happen in the first place

Wish he did that to Hopkins! Surely he actually considered cuse. Besides the average Cuse fan hears a young Petro is considering coming here and instantly thinks "hell no" rather than getting their hopes up. I only thought we had a chance because we landed Spallina and was feeling invincible.

With that, UNC's '22 class has definitely jumped into the UVA/Cuse tier, if not surpassed it. Tough to beat that trio of 5 stars on offense in my opinion, but I'm also probably higher on Dom's potential than the consensus.
Agreed, those other places have been a constant here-we have not. I think we’re also similar to UNC, in that offense hasn’t been the problem, or at least not as big of one as the defense. Luckily I think we’ve got some outstanding defensive recruits this cycle-I think you could probably stick Maryland in that category w us ad well, as they now have a 5 star goalie as well as the top 2 poles in the class

Never trust a blue blooded blue jay;)

As someone noted on our board, you can now add him to the list of hot-shot Balto private school players whose talents are wasted by Breschi.
That's okay-- still a lotta time left to go till signing day. Hopefully the Breschi mist will wear off and he will come to his senses by then. How many players does Breschi have in the pros? Holman, Cloutier and Sankey? Anyone else I'm missing?

IMG_2078.gif

That's okay-- still a lotta time left to go till signing day. Hopefully the Breschi mist will wear off and he will come to his senses by then. How many players does Breschi have in the pros? Holman, Cloutier and Sankey? Anyone else I'm missing?

View attachment 188481
Those are the three cited by another poster on our board as working out well. He noted Cloutier was "an under the radar Canadian" and Sankey was a converted HS midfielder.

Those are the three cited by another poster on our board as working out well. He noted Cloutier was "an under the radar Canadian" and Sankey was a converted HS midfielder.
Sankey was never a midfielder in high school. Pure attack man up until he joined the pros.

Good get for UNC, there putting together a hell of a class no doubt.

Sankey was never a midfielder in high school. Pure attack man up until he joined the pros.
Must have been someone else then. Someone from Jersey?

relaxer -

late edit: I misread the post on our board discussing this. The poster was talking specifically about their championship team. The two mentioned are Cloutier and Pontrello. :oops:

Last edited: