Dome parking question | Syracusefan.com

Dome parking question

KCJax03

Scout Team
I will be taking my wife and two boys to the S. Carolina St. Game on Tuesday. It will be there first time ever to the dome. I haven't lived in Syracuse for nearly 20 years but back in the day I used to like to attend these early season games against lesser competition, especially around the holidays because they were not heavily attended. Then I would park in the parking decks near the hospitals and walk up to the dome. I am a bit concerned because of the possible bad weather and that my youngest is only three. I am looking for some advice on where to park or whetber there are any strategies I could employ to minimize the walk my little ones will need to make. I would certainly appreciate any input.

Parking at Manley & shuttle is pretty easy. Bus drop off is near the quad, walk is flat. Think it's about $15 but not sure.

KCJax03 said:
I will be taking my wife and two boys to the S. Carolina St. Game on Tuesday. It will be there first time ever to the dome. I haven't lived in Syracuse for nearly 20 years but back in the day I used to like to attend these early season games against lesser competition, especially around the holidays because they were not heavily attended. Then I would park in the parking decks near the hospitals and walk up to the dome. I am a bit concerned because of the possible bad weather and that my youngest is only three. I am looking for some advice on where to park or whetber there are any strategies I could employ to minimize the walk my little ones will need to make. I would certainly appreciate any input.
Screw.manley. Look at a lot down the hill from the dome. Worth the $15-$20 and you dont have to ride that god awful bus.

Screw.manley. Look at a lot down the hill from the dome. Worth the $15-$20 and you dont have to ride that god awful bus.
My assumption was that this was not going to be one of the more heavily attended games so my first instinct was to do just that. When all else fails I will present all options to my wife and see what she would rather do. Thanks!

My assumption was that this was not going to be one of the more heavily attended games so my first instinct was to do just that. When all else fails I will present all options to my wife and see what she would rather do. Thanks!
There are a lot of good $20 lots. I would avoid the parking structure since you are dealing with more cars that have to exit. Just remember that you are walking uphill to the game but afterwards it's all downhill.

There are a lot of good $20 lots. I would avoid the parking structure since you are dealing with more cars that have to exit. Just remember that you are walking uphill to the game but afterwards it's all downhill.
Yeah, I am being a bit anal about this but my wife was raised in Taipei where it is ridiculously hot and humid yet folks wear long pants and sleeves and tend not to use air conditioning. Cold like this is not her thing. My kids have likewise been raised in Texas. I am trying to minimize walking distance if I can.

I used to get up to the hill a couple of hours before game time and pretty much for every game I've ever attended I was able to find street parking not far from the dome and would hang on Marshall St until close to game time.

Students won't be here so if you get here early may get street parking on frat row- slight hill still but free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom