Dome pre-game start song/tradition | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome pre-game start song/tradition

The Flo-Rida song is corny and sing-songy and lacks energy. So no, I really can't see the Carrier Dome(or anywhere else) ever going wild to it like that.

you can certainly call it corny and even sing-songy - but it doesnt lack energy. you are just being a hater with that.

Wisconsin dances to jump around for sakes.

and in case you havent noticed what has gone COMPLETELY viral by literaly every single college team over the last 10 days:

you can certainly call it corny and even sing-songy - but it doesnt lack energy. you are just being a hater with that.

Wisconsin dances to jump around for . . . . . sakes.

and in case you havent noticed what has gone COMPLETELY viral by literaly every single college team over the last 10 days:

No...it really lacks energy. Jump Around is energetic. I can't hate something that I couldn't care less about.

And what does college kids clowning around have to do with the Carrier Dome gameday environment? Because they're fooling around and dancing to all those mid 90's songs that sound alike, then Flo-Rida would get the Carrier Dome crowd rocking? I don't see the correlation.

No...it really lacks energy. Jump Around is energetic. I can't hate something that I couldn't care less about.

And what does college kids clowning around have to do with the Carrier Dome gameday environment? Because they're fooling around and dancing to all those mid 90's songs that sound alike, then Flo-Rida would get the Carrier Dome crowd rocking? I don't see the correlation.

the correlation is that cheesy is needed for something to click across all demographics. the dome could get "be your lady, baby" to be the hype machine too if the fans bought in. but ultimately your attitude is the reason that nothing will work for cuse. because our fans are negative about the dumbest things, like you in this thread.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree - but the flo rida song is upbeat and energetic, imo - and I doubt there will be much disagreement there. That's just a very weird comment to make.

the correlation is that cheesy is needed for something to click across all demographics. the dome could get "be your lady, baby" to be the hype machine too if the fans bought in. but ultimately your attitude is the reason that nothing will work for cuse. because our fans are negative about the dumbest things, like you in this thread.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree - but the flo rida song is upbeat and energetic, imo - and I doubt there will be much disagreement there. That's just a very weird comment to make.

I'm sorry that the mere thought of that sleepy Flo-Rida song failing to get the Dome rocking bothers you so. You can still knock that in your car to get yourself going, if that works for you!

And I propose we come out to Welcome to the Terrordome. Now that's an energetic song, and it's got the word "dome" in the title! It would've seemed too farfetched before, but the song was recently used in a Lebron commercial making it familiar to younger people. Plus Tyson used to come out to it.

Plus the "refuse to lose" part can even be taken in a sports context.

again, this is the ultimate pump up song. I defy you to listen and not want to go wilding in Thonden Park.

of course the lyrics can be customized and the tune toned down slightly (for old guys like me)

you're welcome

Shut Ya Mouth off Volume would be my choice.

But ultimately, this is the potential of the Flo Rida song at the beginning of the game:

Here's the problem with West Virginia. Once you say the following words it will be in your head all day (warning, this song is a thought virus!):

Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.

Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads.

All my memories gather round her, miner's lady, stranger to blue water.
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky, misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye.

I hear her voice in the morning hour, she calls me, the radio reminds me of my home far away.
And driving down the road I get a feeling that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.

West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads

Take me home now, country roads,
Take me home now, country roads.

The dome crowd doesn't get pumped up very easy. Maybe show some really good footage of dunks and the crowd going crazy with this song.

The townies are dead most of the time unless there's a huge dunk and they go crazy.

One thing is certain, Welcome To The Jungle needs to die.

Personally I'd go with a hip-hop song with a catchy beat. When I watch bball, I think hip-hop. Rock, metal, etc is more for football, in my opinion.

Sorry, but the Flo Rida song is indeed too mellow. That is not a "pump up" song. But I understand what you're saying, the fans need to buy in and we have some pretty dead fans. It is a song that could appeal to all. But nobody will be dancing and jumping around to that song.

"Welcome To the Terrordome" is actually a pretty good suggestion.

mainly because of the overly commercialized aspect of the cheesyness. this song, imo, we could make our own.

Jump around is the ultimate cheese song at a staidum... until the fans make it their own and it looks like this:
Wow, Randall Stadium has a jumbo tron now! And I love the jump around! I don't believe I was ever sober once during a home game my entire time there. The teams weren't good but 70,000 people showed up every game and I believe it was mainly to drink and indulge in "spectacle." My husband and his friends once brought a half keg to the game dressed in a coat and hat - and they let it in!

Ah, but I digress. All these ideas are fun but again, unless the students become more involved I don't see any major changes happening. BTW, did the students ask for the DJ or did the admin install him with the idea that it would energize the students?

Nice suggestions fellas, but aren't we New York's College Team? Wasn't hip-hop born in this great state? All these other posts of teams and their entrances are nice, but what can make us unique is we have a song that specifically HAS A HISTORY with us.

I'm not sure if this song would be as memorable as it is to many if not for that 96 team and "The Al McGuire Get Down." Why not own it and make it our official entrance music. We need the Army to find Blahzay Blahzay and see if he still has the chops to make an official remix. It can be premiered at Orange Madness. Make the song available for purchase and streaming with proceeds going towards some type of Cancer Research Foundation {?} in Pearl Washington's name.

!!!!THE CUSE IS IN THE HOUSE!
Let that be our moniker when we travel to these little arenas throughout the country and show them how big Orange Nation is. But when they step foot in the Dome? OMG. DANGER!!!!!

Guys remember, for every one of you that would want it to be hip hop, there's an equal amount who wouldn't.

College band is the only way to please all.

I agree welcome to the jungle is a bit long in the tooth.

I think the best way would be to let the team pick a song every season under certain perameters like no swearing or whatever. At the end of the day the dome is theirs and we go to watch them at home. Why not have a song that gets the team fired up. It would be theirs and I would imagine indirectly helps moral and team building.

LGO85 said:
I agree welcome to the jungle is a bit long in the tooth. I think the best way would be to let the team pick a song every season under certain perameters like no swearing or whatever. At the end of the day the dome is theirs and we go to watch them at home. Why not have a song that gets the team fired up. It would be theirs and I would imagine indirectly helps moral and team building.

I agree with this.

As long as the band plays it! ;)

I agree with this.

As long as the band plays it! ;)

That could work as well. It would keep things new and fresh. I personally like school bands that can recreate newer songs.

That could work as well. It would keep things new and fresh. I personally like school bands that can recreate newer songs.
The high school band that played during the semester break was fantastic! They did a great rendition of "Dream On," and they had choreographed movements that were fun, etc. Although the SU pep band is enthusiastic and good, they tend to play the same things. I agree with you about the band playing newer songs, and doing so with high panache!

bballbeadle said:
The high school band that played during the semester break was fantastic! They did a great rendition of "Dream On," and they had choreographed movements that were fun, etc. Although the SU pep band is enthusiastic and good, they tend to play the same things. I agree with you about the band playing newer songs, and doing so with high panache!
Probably Baldwinsville's "plan bee" pep band.

Go Bees!

Nice suggestions fellas, but aren't we New York's College Team? Wasn't hip-hop born in this great state? All these other posts of teams and their entrances are nice, but what can make us unique is we have a song that specifically HAS A HISTORY with us.

I'm not sure if this song would be as memorable as it is to many if not for that 96 team and "The Al McGuire Get Down." Why not own it and make it our official entrance music. We need the Army to find Blahzay Blahzay and see if he still has the chops to make an official remix. It can be premiered at Orange Madness. Make the song available for purchase and streaming with proceeds going towards some type of Cancer Research Foundation {?} in Pearl Washington's name.

!!!!THE CUSE IS IN THE HOUSE!
Let that be our moniker when we travel to these little arenas throughout the country and show them how big Orange Nation is. But when they step foot in the Dome? OMG. DANGER!!!!!

Tremendous idea.

When I lived in Florida I went to a couple of Miami basketball games (pre SU being in the ACC), meh. Outside of that before I moved to Vegas I've only been to the Dome for college games so I really never had any expectations nor really cared about what happened before the game.

Well, that's changed. I went to probably 6 UNLV games this year and their production before the game is just awesome. EVERYONE, not just the students are involved, they have chants, songs, and just pure excitement. Their cheerleaders are legit when it comes to moves and cheer talent, ditto for the dance team. I've seen high schools better at introductions than they are at Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom