Dome Upgrade | Syracusefan.com

Dome Upgrade

SUOrange44

Scout Team
Did anybody notice the new "facade" print on the Concession Stand behind Section 106 and the Guest Services location ?

It is essentially a huge design/picture with 'Melo and Pearl, the New York's College Team, etc. This was the first time I saw it and thought it looked really sharp. A nice way to dress up the interior of the Dome if they plan to do that throughout the building.

SUOrange44

It seems pretty bright already inside the dome. much brighter and it would be glaring inside.. on tv it looks darker because the color of the field is so dark.

The field looks terrible on TV. It looks like your watching a high school game or something. It looks nothing like the other 400 games on TV each Saturday.

Ironically I just read in the PS today about all the renovations to buildings around the dome which although stripping the tailgating options should spruce up the area a bit...

We really need some new score boards though... The bigger the better, if possible

Honestly I cannot really see the replay very well from where I sit - I can see it better and the game on my big screen LCD at home. They really need to have bigger LCDs at the Dome than at home.

I talked to people at work and they prefer watching at home as they feel they "miss out" on the game coming to the Dome cause they can't see what's going on at times.

The field looks terrible on TV. It looks like your watching a high school game or something. It looks nothing like the other 400 games on TV each Saturday.

I have hoped for years they would put grass in the dome:) Arizona does, its even a retractable field.
Sorry i have a love for real grass:)

I wish they would downgrade the volume on the music. I can't hear my radio with earphones.

You guys ever seen eastern washingtons field? Its all red lol. Seemed kinda dum when i first started watching one of there games but a few mins into the game i really started to like it. What would orange look like?

You guys ever seen eastern washingtons field? Its all red lol. Seemed kinda dum when i first started watching one of there games but a few mins into the game i really started to like it. What would orange look like?

UGLY!

62830_150899614949044_100000870183638_240054_1920206_n.jpg

I have hoped for years they would put grass in the dome:) Arizona does, its even a retractable field.
Sorry i have a love for real grass:)

Retractable is the key word here. They can open the roof to let the grass grow.

Retractable is the key word here. They can open the roof to let the grass grow.

That's one way. The field in Arizona can actually move outdoors. The field itself is on tracks and can move from outside the building to inside.

You guys ever seen eastern washingtons field? Its all red lol. Seemed kinda dum when i first started watching one of there games but a few mins into the game i really started to like it. What would orange look like?[/quote.

It's called " The Blood Rug". I like it.

Honestly I cannot really see the replay very well from where I sit - I can see it better and the game on my big screen LCD at home. They really need to have bigger LCDs at the Dome than at home.

I talked to people at work and they prefer watching at home as they feel they "miss out" on the game coming to the Dome cause they can't see what's going on at times.

The two replay boards are so useless, I feel the Dome might as well have no replay boards at all.

I wonder if newer LCD boards are light enough that they could be suspended from the existing Dome ceiling as the screens at the new Cowboys Stadium are. With limited wall space at the Dome, options for a decent-sized display board are limited.

I haven't got too many complaints about the Dome, but the scoreboard situation is awful. There's no good reason for SU not to have a dedicated out-of-town scoreboard and easily viewable video boards. Hopefully that's a priority.

That's one way. The field in Arizona can actually move outdoors. The field itself is on tracks and can move from outside the building to inside.

Cool. Didn't know that.

Did anybody notice the new "facade" print on the Concession Stand behind Section 106 and the Guest Services location ?

It is essentially a huge design/picture with 'Melo and Pearl, the New York's College Team, etc. This was the first time I saw it and thought it looked really sharp. A nice way to dress up the interior of the Dome if they plan to do that throughout the building.

SUOrange44
the game is on SNY in 2weeks, maybe they can give us a nice panoramic view from inside.

UGLY!

The photo of the UTSA field is a fake. I have attended all of the games in UTSA history (both of them). They play at the Alamo Dome and the turf is green. Also, the average attendance so far is almost 44,000 for D II and D III opponents. It's as loud as the Carrier Dome used to be pre-Robinson era.

It's pretty easy to tell it's a photoshop, if it wasn't I'm sure the hashes and sidelines would actually be white and not tinted orange.

The two replay boards are so useless, I feel the Dome might as well have no replay boards at all.

I wonder if newer LCD boards are light enough that they could be suspended from the existing Dome ceiling as the screens at the new Cowboys Stadium are. With limited wall space at the Dome, options for a decent-sized display board are limited.

I haven't got too many complaints about the Dome, but the scoreboard situation is awful. There's no good reason for SU not to have a dedicated out-of-town scoreboard and easily viewable video boards. Hopefully that's a priority.

To each his (her) own, I guess. I don't have any difficulty with the replay screen size. And out of town scores don't mean much to me. I go to watch SU. I read the internet or the newspaper when I want an out of town score.