Donna's article in today's PS on Rak... | Syracusefan.com

Donna's article in today's PS on Rak...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
Made me take a step back (at least temporarily) from a general perspective standpoint. It's easy, albeit shallow, from a passionate fan standpoint to get on some of these young people for this and not enough of that, etc. However, in the end, they all have their unique human story much larger than the 'game' they play on the court or the field...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...m_christmas_stunning_athl.html#incart_m-rpt-2

great article.. that really helps put things in perspective. It is incredible when he gets aggressive how dominant he can be. But culture changes is a very difficult thing to instill. Even Fab came from a more aggressive culture and picked up some bad habits along with the basketball skills. Rak has a chance to be something special once he figures out how to be more physical and get angry.

Someone needs to kick him in the nuts before the game and spit in his face. That should rile him up.

I'm surprised the development of JG hasn't lit a fire under Roc's ass. His playing time can be majorly impacted.

I dont know why i do it, but instead of finishing the article and closing it out, I have to look at the comments section. There were some positive, but still plenty of negative comments. Syracuse.com comments section may be the worst place on the planet.

I dont know why i do it, but instead of finishing the article and closing it out, I have to look at the comments section. There were some positive, but still plenty of negative comments. Syracuse.com comments section may be the worst place on the planet.

Maybe Rak needs to read those comments. I generally stay away from Syracuse.com because whenever I stoop to reading the moronic comments I stay pissed for the next 3 or 4 days.

Good lord that place is a cess pool. Some of the comments that are made on that site are completely ridiculous.

The worst was when my sister adopted a baby 4 years ago and they ran an article on gotcha day (and they used her pic on syracuse.com's website for the article). Some of the comments made by those people made me want to rip someones head off.

No...this is the worst place on the planet:

west-virginia.jpg

Its not even a piece of lint on the asscrack of youtube...

Good lord that place is a cess pool. Some of the comments that are made on that site are completely ridiculous.

The worst was when my sister adopted a baby 4 years ago and they ran an article on gotcha day (and they used her pic on syracuse.com's website for the article). Some of the comments made by those people made me want to rip someones head off.

I have always been shocked by some people's reactions to adoption. One would think it would be a joyous occassion that would be celebrated, but I have read other articles similar to your sisters where people can be real nasty.

F The P-S Commenters

and

I don't know what people want to see out of him.

We don't really feed the post ever. And his job on D is just to stand there with his hands up in a zone, he doesn't get to guard the other teams best big 1 on 1 and show his defensive ability.

If he wants the ball on offense he has to tip in someone's brick ffs.

He's a good player. And I hope he isn't that good because he should be here 4 years I'm sick of guys leaving early to go suck in the NBA.

As I said in a previous post I would like to see him get an over the back foul called on him JUST once. Call for the ball on the box and Demand it Just once. Is that so much to ask? Rak has unlimited talent but refuses to use it. I'm tired of people saying that he can be a 1st round draft choice. The fact of the matter is he scored more points in the Providence game than all the other Big East games combined. It's borderline lazy is what it is and I'm tired of it. I wish he had the heart of Sherman Douglas but that's just wishful thinking at this point. I'd settle for the heart of Brianna Stewart. Meh. We need Rak to start playing like a man right now, 3pts and 4 rebs won't cut it.

As I said in a previous post I would like to see him get an over the back foul called on him JUST once. Call for the ball on the box and Demand it Just once. Is that so much to ask? Rak has unlimited talent but refuses to use it. I'm tired of people saying that he can be a 1st round draft choice. The fact of the matter is he scored more points in the Providence game than all the other Big East games combined. It's borderline lazy is what it is and I'm tired of it. I wish he had the heart of Sherman Douglas but that's just wishful thinking at this point. I'd settle for the heart of Brianna Stewart. Meh. We need Rak to start playing like a man right now, 3pts and 4 rebs won't cut it.

it doesnt help that jb takes him out the first time he makes a defensive mistake. rak should be on a longer leash, maybe if he knew he'd be playing 35+ minutes every game he'd play better.

Call me callous, but I have no interest in these human interest stories. After I reading some of the crap that Thamel wrote about some of our recruits in the early 2000s while he was at the PS and knowing the length of stretching the truth (at best, or outright fabrications at worst) that many writers would go to for a story, I basically assume most of these stories are BS. Just look at the Manti Te'o fiasco (shocker, another piece of Thamel 'journalism')... Now if all of this is true, that's all well and good, but so many of these stories are fluffed up that I have no idea what to believe. Sort of like listening to pop music today - so many singers use autotune or melodyne that you have no idea who has actual talent. I just assume they all suck.

hey hey now.. i live in the tiny little eastern part.. which isnt all that bad.. cant say much for the rest of the state ...

I will amend my statement to say except for the little area that orangezoo lives in...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD