Donna's article in today's PS on Rak... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Donna's article in today's PS on Rak...

I have always been shocked by some people's reactions to adoption. One would think it would be a joyous occassion that would be celebrated, but I have read other articles similar to your sisters where people can be real nasty.

F The P-S Commenters

and

If I ever won the big lotto one of the things I wanted to do was set up a non profit that helped finance adoption. I had a friend who has adopted twice because he and his wife had trouble conceiving. It must have cost them 50 big ones. Crazy that it should cost that kind of money to get kids to a family that wants them and will love them.

definitally .

If I ever won the big lotto one of the things I wanted to do was set up a non profit that helped finance adoption. I had a friend who has adopted twice because he and his wife had trouble conceiving. It must have cost them 50 big ones. Crazy that it should cost that kind of money to get kids to a family that wants them and will love them.

definitally .

Full disclosure I adopted and I have thought the same. Oddly though I had friends who thought it was ludicrous that I may be able to take advantage of a tax deduction. Some people don't understand the financial side of adoption .

Full disclosure I adopted and I have thought the same. Oddly though I had friends who thought it was ludicrous that I may be able to take advantage of a tax deduction. Some people don't understand the financial side of adoption .
Seriously, god bless anyone that takes a child that needs help and brings them into a loving family. Two particular friends over the years both had a few rough spells but thankfully, had a family to love and support them unconditionally.

Somebody just needs to tell Roc before the game that his homeboys are saying he's the worst thing to ever come out of Philly.

Call me callous, but I have no interest in these human interest stories. After I reading some of the crap that Thamel wrote about some of our recruits in the early 2000s while he was at the PS and knowing the length of stretching the truth (at best, or outright fabrications at worst) that many writers would go to for a story, I basically assume most of these stories are BS. Just look at the Manti Te'o fiasco (shocker, another piece of Thamel 'journalism')... Now if all of this is true, that's all well and good, but so many of these stories are fluffed up that I have no idea what to believe. Sort of like listening to pop music today - so many singers use autotune or melodyne that you have no idea who has actual talent. I just assume they all suck.

I like that someone is as callous and cynical as I am. I like Rak and I love his guardian and it's a good story. But I really don't feel bad about criticizing him if he has a bad game. These guys are more or less professionals at this level. As long as people aren't taking shots at the kids personally for some reason, it's really fine to say "Player x hasn't done y" or "Player x needs to improve y." Especially since if a player starts to do really good things, everyone and their brother will start praising them as if they are essentially saints.

My take is as follows..by the time you are in college, your personality is pretty much set...the vast majority of players aggression level is immutable at that time. Sure your skill and execution will improve, but you arent going to take a soft player and get him to turn into a tough player 99 percent of the time...rak is not going to suddenly become agro. just wont happen.

Unless you've done it or know someone very well who has its hard to grasp the expense, time and work that it takes to adopt. I applaud anyone who has done it.