Donnie Freeman McD AA Game Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Donnie Freeman McD AA Game Thread

Go look at DC in his McD game. Best player on the floor, without a doubt.
Freeman will be very good next year, just not DC. Also, he won’t be playing with Sherm and Rony.

DC showed and Flynn was McDonald co MVP. Freeman's 13" is not much to go on. He will be an upgrade in that he will be filling tiny shoes, but beyond that we shall see.

More of a Chris McCullough type of player as a frosh from what I see just a little better.
Looks to be a good comparison from what I have seen.

Other posters may disagree, but I think there's still untapped potential in Bell defensively and in transition. He needs to bulk up some, but he's more athletic than many give him credit for. He made some very impressive plays in the second half of the season with chasedown/weakside blocks and exploding to the bucket. I'd like to see more of that next season, and Red needs to continue to prove he can develop players.
I think we are going to be very happy that (if) Bell is back.

I love the skill set but the NBA talk is moronic this is a high end player that will probably be all over the place being so skinny 30 point night explosion followed by a 3 point 1-12 shooting game.

Just hope we aren’t developing him for another program.

No doubt. All leagues have minimums. Does anyone really believe Ian Schieffelin is the best 3pt shooter in the ACC?
well if it's me standing on the playground court and next choice is bell or the chef...i KNOW who i'm choosing !

No doubt. All leagues have minimums. Does anyone really believe Ian Schieffelin is the best 3pt shooter in the ACC?
Whoa, hey now, no need to be prejudiced against a big boned player that can shoot.

No one will ever be DC except DC :)
whoopty damn right. as for the chris mccullough comparison . i definitely remember him being called out post presser by JB early season even before he went down . glad he made his way back after the injury.
guessing he's not a huge syracuse fan.

Last edited:
Other posters may disagree, but I think there's still untapped potential in Bell defensively and in transition. He needs to bulk up some, but he's more athletic than many give him credit for. He made some very impressive plays in the second half of the season with chasedown/weakside blocks and exploding to the bucket. I'd like to see more of that next season, and Red needs to continue to prove he can develop players.
Dream on if he hasn't learned to rebound or play defense by the end of his sophomore year, it's not likely the lightbulb is going on now.

Dream on if he hasn't learned to rebound or play defense by the end of his sophomore year, it's not likely the lightbulb is going on now.
So you're saying you haven't learned anything since you were 20 years old?

You never got better at your job two years after getting hired?

What a ridiculous notion.

You see NBA players become reliable 3pt shooters after years in the league, but you don't think Bell can become a better rebounder/defender?

Re-examine your critical thinking.

You see NBA players become reliable 3pt shooters after years in the league, but you don't think Bell can become a better rebounder/defender?

While Bell can definitely improve, he’s probably the worst rebounder to ever play at Syracuse. He came to SU with zero rebounding instincts (and that may be an understatement). He still has a long way to go before he’s even net neutral on the rebounding front.

I agree w/ you except your ending suggestion. As you clearly established, there was not much, if any, critical thinking in bagger’s post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom