Donnie Nelson: D-League “fastest, most effective” path to the NBA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Donnie Nelson: D-League “fastest, most effective” path to the NBA

Maybe he was just to me? i remember being convinced the guy was a star. But I would say he was a level below Shaq and LBJ, I buy that.

I just remember a bleacher report article (grain of salt) saying that he could be an issue because he was 6'11 and 220 pounds. Could he shoot like durant (no) or bang inside like duncan (no) so there was concern.

Obviously he has put on weight and is a top big man in the game but I think a little concern was there because the game wasn't as scarce in the big man department in '11 as it is now.

I just remember a bleacher report article (grain of salt) saying that he could be an issue because he was 6'11 and 220 pounds. Could he shoot like durant (no) or bang inside like duncan (no) so there was concern.

Obviously he has put on weight and is a top big man in the game but I think a little concern was there because the game wasn't as scarce in the big man department in '11 as it is now.

I remember being 100% sold on him, but that may not have been the consensus.

I feel like Shaq, Lebron, Duncan; everyone pretty knew these guys were destined to be mega stars before they were drafted. Davis probably goes on the next level.

I remember being 100% sold on him, but that may not have been the consensus.

I feel like Shaq, Lebron, Duncan; everyone pretty knew these guys were destined to be mega stars before they were drafted. Davis probably goes on the next level.

Yeah I had no doubt he'd be good. I'm sure every player has their weaknesses that some guy will find flaw in (read: douches who left griffey off their HOF ballots) ... so i get it. I'd take anyone you mentioned to start my team lol