Donovan McNabb: “I Never Threw Up in the Super Bowl” | Syracusefan.com

Donovan McNabb: “I Never Threw Up in the Super Bowl”

I agree with Donovan: it was more like the Philly fans threw up on him.

McNabb is a victim of being a really good player that was expected to carry the whole offense nearly by himself. Brian Washington (edit: Westbrook not Washington) was the other nearly elite player he had for a good length of time. As the article pointed out, T.O. was the only number one receiver he ever had, and he had him for one regular season and lost him for the playoffs. I hate that he gets a bad rap. I wish he would've stood up for himself more when he was playing.

McNabb is a victim of being a really good player that was expected to carry the whole offense nearly by himself. Brian Washington was the other nearly elite player he had for a good length of time. As the article pointed out, T.O. was the only number one receiver he ever had, and he had him for one regular season and lost him for the playoffs. I hate that he gets a bad rap. I wish he would've stood up for himself more when he was playing.

Westbrook, not Washington.

But... I do think the Eagles pretty much screwed McNabb by centering their offense around him and Brian "Who knows if I'll play Sunday" Westbrook. You might want your offense to be based on a guy that isn't perpetually dinged up.

Westbrook, not Washington.

But... I do think the Eagles pretty much screwed McNabb by centering their offense around him and Brian "Who knows if I'll play Sunday" Westbrook. You might want your offense to be based on a guy that isn't perpetually dinged up.
My bad. Not only that, but I don't want my running back to be my best receiver most of the time over the course of almost 10 years.

Not only that, but I don't want my running back to be my best receiver most of the time over the course of almost 10 years.

Agree 100%

My bad. Not only that, but I don't want my running back to be my best receiver most of the time over the course of almost 10 years.

Hey, let's not sell Todd Pinkston and James Thrash short. They were great talents!

If true, Kaiser may need to rethink his nickname for McNabb. Then again, he'll always have '98 VT. ;)
guess ill have to stick with this.

blog+62.jpg

cant find that jax gif that i had as my signature for 5 years......

Hey, let's not sell Todd Pinkston and James Thrash short. They were great talents!

You mean Stinkston and Trash. Don't forget about Fredex and Jason "one and" Dunn. McNabb may have hurt himself by pulling that garbage group as far as he did each year. They shouldve been drafting top 10.

It's funny how much McNabb rubs some people the wrong way. A very polarizing public figure.

I saw a couple stats on Twitter this morning that jumped out at me in terms of McNabb's career.

1) Other than McNabb, all Eagles quarterbacks have won a combined 10 playoff games. Don won 9.

2) 8 QBs in history have completed at least 59% of their passes and thrown for over 35,000 yards in their careers. McNabb, Marino, Montana, Kelly, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Favre. Three are already in the HoF and four are guarantees. So why, again, isn't Don a lock?

It's funny how much McNabb rubs some people the wrong way. A very polarizing public figure.

I don't think it's funny at all (but I do know you were just using a figure of speech). I think it sucks.

And it sucks worse that there are SU fans who hate him. Really good guy (by most who know and have met him), very good QB, loyal. Represented SU very well.

Speaks volumes.

44cuse

Haters are going to spin this. It's a lose-lose situation. He either pukes because he's a nervous wreck, or he doesn't throw up because he's not pushing himself enough. People don't bother to look at what he did with sh@t players around him. People say Petyon elevates those around him, but he only won the Super Bowl once with two Hall of Fame caliber receivers (Harrison and Wayne) and one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL (Clark).

I get that he played for a division rival, but if you're coming up with nicknames like Soupy McPuke, you are a douchebag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom