Donovan Mitchell staying in... | Syracusefan.com

Donovan Mitchell staying in...

They'll still be good, and probably contend for acc - but this hurts them considerably

although, look for VJ King to make a BIG jump

They'll still be good, and probably contend for acc - but this hurts them considerably

although, look for VJ King to make a BIG jump

Good call on King. He was sort of a non-factor last season but should flourish this year like you said. At least we won't have to see some of the best dunks I've ever seen against SU over and over with Mitchell gone. Even the SU bench was wowed.

No surprise on Mitchell - fully expected. Freakishly athletic.

No surprise on Mitchell - fully expected. Freakishly athletic.

Really liked watching him. He developed a LOT this past year and became quite a serviceable PG when Snider was out. Future dunk contest winner.

Great athlete. Better learn how to shoot.

He can do a lot of things. He also improved to 35% from 3 this season. He's not Carter-Williams bad. He made a senior Rak type leap, IMO, this season. He truly is only about 6'2 and also averaged 5 boards and 3 assists. Not just an athlete anymore.

He can do a lot of things. He also improved to 35% from 3 this season. He's not Carter-Williams bad. He made a senior Rak type leap, IMO, this season. He truly is only about 6'2 and also averaged 5 boards and 3 assists. Not just an athlete anymore.

No offense I know you like Mitchell, but 35% from the college line is a lot different from the pro line. Do you think Mike D'antoni or Daryl Morey would play a 6'2" 2 guard if he shoots 30% from 3?

No offense I know you like Mitchell, but 35% from the college line is a lot different from the pro line. Do you think Mike D'antoni or Daryl Morey would play a 6'2" 2 guard if he shoots 30% from 3?

Morey is a heavy analytics guy so probably not but a bulldog like Beverly has been on that team for awhile and never was known as a big shooter coming in from Arkansas if I remember correctly. 35% is serviceable enough and he probably has enough feedback to be a first round near lock I would imagine. Plus he does so much else especially handling the ball comfortably now. You could compare him to Avery Bradley maybe even. Bradley wasn't a great shooter either from Texas coming out. I mean, what's there not to like about Mitchell? Because he went to UL and embarrassed us numerous times with SC Top 10 moments and/or dunks of year nominees?

Morey is a heavy analytics guy so probably not but a bulldog like Beverly has been on that team for awhile and never was known as a big shooter coming in from Arkansas if I remember correctly. 35% is serviceable enough and he probably has enough feedback to be a first round near lock I would imagine. Plus he does so much else especially handling the ball comfortably now. You could compare him to Avery Bradley maybe even. Bradley wasn't a great shooter either from Texas coming out. I mean, what's there not to like about Mitchell? Because he went to UL and embarrassed us numerous times with SC Top 10 moments and/or dunks of year nominees?

Lol easy. Has nothing to do with louisville. I'm just skeptical how he fits today's NBA. If this was the 90's or 2000's I wouldn't be as skeptical, but this is why I'm higher on Lydon than most and lower on guys who are athletes. What teams value has changed. I'm sure Mitchell will go in the first round he just needs to extend his range.

Mitchell definitely made big strides in his soph season. He was their go-to guy. He still has a lot of upside in my opinion and I think in a few years he will do very well in NBA, including improving his long range shot and continuing to play aggressive D.

Mitchell definitely made big strides in his soph season. He was their go-to guy. He still has a lot of upside in my opinion and I think in a few years he will do very well in NBA, including improving his long range shot and continuing to play aggressive D.

He's a gem. If Avery Bradley, Tony Allen, etc. can stick in the league so can DMitchell. He's going to be an absolute beast on D, too.

why do these people need to sign with an agent? their contracts are slotted. Just hire someone by the hour to guide you through the process and save yourself a load.

He's a gem. If Avery Bradley, Tony Allen, etc. can stick in the league so can DMitchell. He's going to be an absolute beast on D, too.
It's funny because before you said it, I also thought of Avery Bradley when thinking of Mitchell. Of course, I'm a Celtics fan too.

It's funny because before you said it, I also thought of Avery Bradley when thinking of Mitchell. Of course, I'm a Celtics fan too.

Ha. Have you been to Against The Grain, btw?

Ha. Have you been to Against The Grain, btw?
Yes I have been there at least a couple times. Good microbrewery and then take in a Bats game or just eat and drink instead. Slugger Field is a nice AAA stadium. Aren't you in Cincy or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes I have been there at least a couple times. Good microbrewery and then take in a Bats game or just eat and drink instead. Slugger Field is a nice AAA stadium. Aren't you in Cincy or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah I know Louisville well and will be there later today but haven't been to or have tried ATG yet. I'm in Cleveland actually but in Cincy really often. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom