Don't be upset that no SU recruits were named to McD's AA team | Syracusefan.com

Don't be upset that no SU recruits were named to McD's AA team

armory

All American
I still consider the 2013 class to be one of our best recruiting classes ever. I don't think I'm alone in that.

And McCullough (2014) is easily the best commit we've gotten since Carmelo.

Just FYI, since the McD's news hit yesterday.

- Edit: and oh yeah, Tyler Ennis' teammates were pretty pissed he got snubbed ... so much so, they helped him go out and score 53 a few hours later. We're getting one hell of a player and one hell of a teammate to replace(?) MCW @ PG.

I still consider the 2013 class to be one of our best recruiting classes ever. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Never really got too worried about the whole McD's thing. Unless the kid is a top 5 recruit then it pretty much is a crapshoot.

Never really got too worried about the whole McD's thing. Unless the kid is a top 5 recruit then it pretty much is a crapshoot.
Yeah, well, you're not exactly the average college bball fan!

MCW was a four star #9 ranked point guard, while Ennis was a five star #5 ranked point guard. I don't get how the selection committee works.

ZagsBlog posted a report saying the Ennis may not have been selected because he is a Canadian and thus technically a 5th year senior ... whatevs.

It's nice have McD's AA talent on the team, though. It's a pretty reliable indicator of talent. Some teams may suck with them, but the majority of teams that are FF contenders have at least one.

It's a self-propagating system. When KY, Duke or NC recruit a player, he becomes a 5 star. And since McD only takes the toppest, it's a closed system. They'll throw in a couple from outside, but that's to fill out the roster and for appearances sake. KY recruits you, you must be a 5*. We only take 5*, therefore we only take KY. Bullish!t and I won't spend 2 minutes watching it!

ZagsBlog posted a report saying the Ennis may not have been selected because he is a Canadian and thus technically a 5th year senior ... whatevs.

It's nice have McD's AA talent on the team, though. It's a pretty reliable indicator of talent. Some teams may suck with them, but the majority of teams that are FF contenders have at least one.

Meh...who cares. Jordan game is the same b.s. He'll be on TV there which will be nice. Maybe because his game his very sound and not flashy he got snubbed. Roberson and Johnson both seem like they can already put the ball on the floor some which is huge with the way SU likes to play. This class looks really good.

It's a self-propagating system. When KY, Duke or NC recruit a player, he becomes a 5 star. And since McD only takes the toppest, it's a closed system. They'll throw in a couple from outside, but that's to fill out the roster and for appearances sake. KY recruits you, you must be a 5*. We only take 5*, therefore we only take KY. Bullish!t and I won't spend 2 minutes watching it!
Me too, quit ESPN yesterday and having a wonderful time with it. I will mute it, but since they corner the market, it's either that or not watching basketball except through streams.

I will not watch Mcds, no more watching PayCal lovefest.

Actually the Jordan Classic is doing a better job of selecting talent, see Deon I think in the last 5 years or so because of Wooten's personal bias of certain programs, the game has lost its luster. Too many of the people selected lately, are complete busts at the next level.

- Edit: and oh yeah, Tyler Ennis' teammates were pretty pissed he got snubbed ... so much so, they helped him go out and score 53 a few hours later. We're getting one hell of a player and one hell of a teammate to replace(?) MCW @ PG.

Ugh, this sounds a lot like our football recruiting rhetoric to me.

Did we ever recruit Durand Scott, btw? I forgot he was Rice H.S. and played for Gauchos. Miami's PG, Barry Larkin's son, is good too. Both were 4 star guys.

Personally when I look at this class. Say all you want as a media type but we have the 2nd best class in the nation behind UK in my opinion. The top 4 are all under rated for one reason or another. Ennis is the best PG in the nation by virtue of all around game, Roberson is a high motor, high IQ beast, BJ is a silky smooth shooter and smart bball player who is extremely underrated and Patterson is a defensive gamer who is crafty and just a ball player who also falls under the radar as a prep school guy who was once a 4 star player. CO is a project but a major athlete in that. Personally I think we are bringing in 4 CJ fairs ( guys who are much more talented than the rankings system give them credit). All good kids with good roots who can really ball. Best single year haul since Forth, Hak, Billy etc ( thx orangefog).

We also have G, and JB has had fairly good luck with transfers, Leo, Wes.

Ugh, this sounds a lot like our football recruiting rhetoric to me.

Why ? Have you been following all of Francis' updates and BJ's dads post on the recruiting board? Some of the concerns that were there with Rak - DC2 - Trevor are not with this group. High motor, high bball iq, and good teammates. Add that to all around games. Hard to find a lot of major flaws with this group that were glaring with some of the other guys ( who I am not bashing just pointing out there were flaws sometimes pushed aside by the hyperbole)

well if it gives these kids a attitude by being snubbed-im all in

Didn't stop them from selecting Wiggins. Lame excuse. Play with a chip, Tyler!

Being selfish here but I am glad we don't have anyone playing. Those games are torture to watch. Now I don't 'have' too. :)

Wiggins is Canadian and played on the same AU team with Ennis and he was selected.