Don't care what they say, JB's win total matters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't care what they say, JB's win total matters

JB committed the unforgivable sin of not knowing every detail about some YMCA job in Oneida, much worse that JoePa aiding and abetting a pederast.

And the drug testing.

Last night, both during the game and during SportCenter highlights, they kept displaying JB's win total as "873."

I know people say it doesn't matter but goddamnit it does. The guy is literally only the second guy to be chasing 1000 and outside of Syracuse nobody will ever really know or care. I really hope the NCAA eventually reinstates them on his record, it's such horseshite.
Hopefully he gets 1000 at home. Grassroots 1000 banners chants all game long . cause a huge embarrassing scene for the NCAA

I couldn't disagree more. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. The NCAA, like any bully I have ever known, is a coward when you stand up to them. They backed down with Paterno. They will back down again.

Well if I'm wrong, I could live with it.

NKR1978 said:
Didn't CTO state that there's some talk of SU recognizing how many losses JB has dished out on our opponents? We have the wins erased from our record, but the teams we played still have the losses. It seems a pretty easy end around the NCAA's b******.

That was the talk at dinner before the UNC game. Everyone seemed to be down to start the movement.

No to Beohiem's arbitrary retirement date. He is better than he has ever been . Rat face tyrant doesn't have a lot left in the tank and a refreshed JB will drive him over the edge , and take the all time win total , even without the 101 that the NCAA took.
You might want to inquire about their incoming class.

I'm not that bothered about JB's win total, but I am very upset that the 101 wins take us out of the all time Top 5 in wins as a program. It will take many many years to regain that.

Yeah, now we're behind Temple and St. John's again, right? That stinks. This is where the enforcement (that I mainly don't object to) is ridiculously arbitrary - when UCLA and Kentucky and other top-five schools have been penalized for major infractions, have they vacated wins?

Throw a footnote on there, note that Syracuse (and UCLA and UNC and everyone else) have been caught cheating a number of times, but don't fiddle with historical win totals. It's stupid. We saw the wins. Opposing coaches carry the losses. It can't be undone.

JB committed the unforgivable sin of not knowing every detail about some YMCA job in Oneida, much worse that JoePa aiding and abetting a pederast.

What's a pederast, Walter?

I'm not that bothered about JB's win total, but I am very upset that the 101 wins take us out of the all time Top 5 in wins as a program. It will take many many years to regain that.

I'm extremely bothered by both. Double Whammy! :mad:

Here's a stat - boeheim has 26% more wins than the 10th winningest coach

He has 39% more wins than the 20th coach on that list

Last night, both during the game and during SportCenter highlights, they kept displaying JB's win total as "873."

I know people say it doesn't matter but goddamnit it does. The guy is literally only the second guy to be chasing 1000 and outside of Syracuse nobody will ever really know or care. I really hope the NCAA eventually reinstates them on his record, it's such horseshite.

If you count his player wins he has more than Coach K. Just saying.

Yeah, now we're behind Temple and St. John's again, right? That stinks. This is where the enforcement (that I mainly don't object to) is ridiculously arbitrary - when UCLA and Kentucky and other top-five schools have been penalized for major infractions, have they vacated wins?

Throw a footnote on there, note that Syracuse (and UCLA and UNC and everyone else) have been caught cheating a number of times, but don't fiddle with historical win totals. It's stupid. We saw the wins. Opposing coaches carry the losses. It can't be undone.

The NCAA is working on a time travel device to fix the problem. After a few more billions in tournament profits they will have enough money to complete the research.