Don't get all the hand wringing | Syracusefan.com

Don't get all the hand wringing

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
If we play poorly we lose in any bracket. If we play well, this bracket isn't that tough. OSU is not a good team and may not even get past Dayton. Kansas, if they don't have Embid, isn't great especially as a 2. They get sloppy and can turn it over. Then it's Florida. You have to go through a number 1 seed someplace, barring a big upset. Hell, maybe Pitt or UCLA picks them off.

If we play poorly we lose in any bracket. If we play well, this bracket isn't that tough. OSU is not a good team and may not even get past Dayton. Kansas, if they don't have Embid, isn't great especially as a 2. They get sloppy and can turn it over. Then it's Florida. You have to go through a number 1 seed someplace, barring a big upset. Hell, maybe Pitt or UCLA picks them off.

Agreed.

im very pleased with our draw thought we would get vcu or UConn as potential round of 32 game

And honestly, as good as Florida is, when is the last time JB lost to Donovan? I honestly don't recall...but it feels like he has owned Florida over the last several years, including beating one of those Noah led teams (I think - if I remember correctly).

I feel like JB is to Donovan as Pitino is to JB.

i agree its a good bracket on paper if no embiid. w enbiid is a different story. if we make elite 8 far from a guarantee UF will even be waiting. SU plays the way it did against FSU, we got a decent chance imo

And honestly, as good as Florida is, when is the last time JB lost to Donovan? I honestly don't recall...but it feels like he has owned Florida over the last several years, including beating one of those Noah led teams (I think - if I remember correctly).

Fall 05. They beat us pretty handily in MSG. No one knew how good they would be that early in the season so I think it was considered an upset.

There's not a team in this tourney that we can't beat. It's not every year that we are able to say that.

On the flip side, there are 50 teams that we could lose to on any given night.

So much depends on us this year and not the other team. We really control our own destiny. Just need to figure out how to win again.

Oh and as for Kansas? They have to get by New Mexico.

And I know we have to get by Ohio State, but I think NM has a better chance of beating KU than OSU has of beating us, frankly.

that game in pre-season NIT or whatever it was in MSG...

Florida is also a one man 3 point shooting team and they've played 2 decent teams in conference play.. Ones an 8 seed and the other is in a play in game.

Florida is also a one man 3 point shooting team and they've played 2 decent teams in conference play.. Ones an 8 seed and the other is in a play in game.
And let's be honest, the SEC is garbage. Don't get me wrong - Florida is very, very good. But their record is a little bit inflated by playing in the SEC.

florida coulkd have there hands full if ucla gets thru to sweet 16

My east coast bias sets in and I have such a hard time giving Pac 12 teams any credit. Arizona is usually immune to that feeling though when they're good, but I would love to have a bracket made up of west coast teams in general.

The way I see it is that we've had a rough stretch, in which we can point at a number of factors as the reason for it. However, we won 25 straight games and beat some pretty good teams in the process. So we know what this team is capable of. If we find our rhythm again offensively and play more that the team we saw in Maui, I think we can beat Florida. However, we are also just as capable of losing to Western Michigan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom