Don't let Georgia Tech win fool you | Syracusefan.com

Don't let Georgia Tech win fool you

Caboose

Scout Team
The Georgia Tech win was a blip on the screen where our shooters were hot, namely Buddy and Hughes. Against G'Town it was Hughes first half, Buddy second half. The team needs both of them to be hot basically all the time to beat a good team. Georgetown has lost 4 players and we still couldn't beat them. The Tech game, although promising, should not mask all the problems this program is currently facing. Poor coaching, poor recruiting, poor in-game adjustments, and 100% zone defense with a stubborn coach who won't abandon it, ever.

G'Town won the first half 50-38, Cuse won the second half 41-39. The first half 12-pt deficit was too much to overcome and was a result of Buddy not catching fire w Hughes, and the zone being terrible. I don't know how much longer I can stomach this zone defense gimmick, and threes bring rained down on is. He needs to go, plain and simple.

Yes, it would’ve been nice if Buddy was hot in the first half.

But I think the difference in the game was Marek going to the bench with his 3rd foul (horrible call too), wiping out a Hughes three. Then Quincy came in and basically did nothing good and everything bad for the rest of the half and we want from being up 1(if the Hughes 3 had counted) to down 12 at half. That’s where we lost the game.

3 cupcakes on the plate. give our guys a chance to pad the stats. then kick it into league mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom