"Don't Make Any Other Plans Saturday" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Don't Make Any Other Plans Saturday"

What % of the crowd has kid sunder 13? Less than 10%? So the other 90% should cater to the 10%? Teenage kids should be able to make it 4 hours, especially if they have their phone. If they cannot then you have bigger problems than a 4 hour game.
When you're trying sell a product, you try not to alienate people. There are people, kids and no kids, that don't want to sit on uncomfortable seats shoulder to shoulder with strangers for 4 hours. Keep in mind, those kids you don't want to cater to are future adults that may buy tickets if they become fans.

If you want the jerseys to read "Etihad", or "Chevrolet" or "Emirates Air", etc. across the front instead of "Syracuse", you can afford fewer commercials.

The TV networks don't get that money so not sure how that helps.

If there is action, why would game length be an issue? I never understood that. It seems silly for people to wait all week to see their team play (with only 6-7 home games an entire year) and then complain that the game lasts too long. If you like football then you should want it to never end.
I guess I don't like it then

The game length is an issue that the NCAA needs to be working on. games should roughly 3 hours, not 4.

Get a rolling clock and don't stop it after every first down. Problem solved. I never understood why the NCAA doesn't have a rolling clock.

Also give each coach 2 challenges, once they use em up that's it nothing else is reviewed. And I don't care if a coach gets them both right, that doesn't mean you get a 3rd or can keep challenging. You get 2 and that's it. No need to stop the game for 10 min to review plays that are meaningless in the big picture

Last edited:
No one minds watching football but the actual football action is only 60 minutes that is taking 3.5 to 4 hours to play. Except for half-time, it is wasted time unless one enjoys sitting on their duff bored waiting for the football game you came to watch.

Actual action in was about 16 minutes.