Dontez Ford officially 3 stars! | Syracusefan.com

Dontez Ford officially 3 stars!

OrangeCrush22

All American
http://syracuse.At their request, t...ked from this site./a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&yr=2012

:D

I am happy for Ford that Bob L has recognized his ability. As for Syracuse, he's the same kid now he was when they started recruiting him. For SU and the fans, that third star means jack.

I am happy for Ford that Bob L has recognized his ability. As for Syracuse, he's the same kid now he was when they started recruiting him. For SU and the fans, that third star means jack.

It pleases the "star gazers", and it's always nice to see our recruits being recognized.

Why the would SU waste their time with a 3 star????? 5 stars only. What!!!!

my only question: if Myles Davis and Ashton Broyld were *** 3 stars out of high school, why are they not ranked *** now? Put those two as 3*** players and you have a solid class

My question is when the heck is the other other site going to add him to their database? I guess they've only had 5 months though.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...ked from this site./a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&yr=2012

Much deserved and as I've said this kid is a future SU captain. Definitely one of my favorites in this class so far.

my only question: if Myles Davis and Ashton Broyld were *** 3 stars out of high school, why are they not ranked *** now? Put those two as 3*** players and you have a solid class
Might be nice if 30 second Bob would update (remove) Parsons and accurately list player positions. Broyld isn't a TE.

Whigham is now a consensus 3 star recruit, as he was upgraded by both ESPN and Rivals in the past week or so.

That was the first thing I noticed. Examples by others later in the thread doesn't give this scouting service much credibility. I don't pay attention to it much anymore.

I'm not sure about Davis, but last year Broyld was listed as a QB. Now he's listed as a TE. So, maybe he's a 3 star QB and a 2 star TE?

I'm not sure about Davis, but last year Broyld was listed as a QB. Now he's listed as a TE. So, maybe he's a 3 star QB and a 2 star TE?
Rivals doesn't even have Ford listed as a commit but still lists Parson. SU is very far down their list of priorities.

I would think it would be flip-flopped though. As a QB he was a two star until late in the year, then was bumped to three. Likely this is because the scouts didn't trust that he could handle the position, until he improved on the resume, and perhaps his mechanics. If he was listed as an athlete all year, I believe his size/speed combo would have warranted a 3-star grade from the jump, and possibly deserved a 4.

Arob was a 3 star. So was Parker Cantey and a whole list of other kids. Future SU captain? Did you say that when Derrell Smith was recruited as a RB? Please understand I'm not trolling or being an arse for the sake of it. Just there are so many factors when moving from HS to college that it's impossible to predict 1 kids future based on a star rating. That being said it's better to have a class of 3/4 stars than a bunch of 2's with a few 3s mixed in. I know sounds hypocritical, it's not. Basing a kids future on his star rating is futile. Basing a class on overall star rating averages, gives you an idea of how the class overall will perform, not so much each individual, but you have a larger pool of talent to mold quality players into. I'm not a star gazer by any means. At the same time I consider the overall ranking of a class to be a good indicator of potential talent. It takes coaches and hard work to realize that talent. But no amount of coaching or hard work was gonna make Flaherty an All American LB despite his heart.

Arob was a 3 star. So was Parker Cantey and a whole list of other kids. Future SU captain? Did you say that when Derrell Smith was recruited as a RB? Please understand I'm not trolling or being an arse for the sake of it. Just there are so many factors when moving from HS to college that it's impossible to predict 1 kids future based on a star rating. That being said it's better to have a class of 3/4 stars than a bunch of 2's with a few 3s mixed in. I know sounds hypocritical, it's not. Basing a kids future on his star rating is futile. Basing a class on overall star rating averages, gives you an idea of how the class overall will perform, not so much each individual, but you have a larger pool of talent to mold quality players into. I'm not a star gazer by any means. At the same time I consider the overall ranking of a class to be a good indicator of potential talent. It takes coaches and hard work to realize that talent. But no amount of coaching or hard work was gonna make Flaherty an All American LB despite his heart.

not to speak for DCCUSE but I suspect he's basing his assessment of the kids ability to mature into a captain based upon more than the star rating. He's the article that was posted about Dontez some time ago:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ry/_/id/7116013/dontez-ford-turns-life-around

And you are right, no ever knows how each kid is going to react or mature when they get into college, too many unknowns...

Definitely didn't mean to attack DC, my post was just a general opinion piece on recruiting and rankings overall. I used his statement as a prelude to talk about individual rankings. Didn't mean to come off the wrong way.

not to speak for DCCUSE but I suspect he's basing his assessment of the kids ability to mature into a captain based upon more than the star rating. He's the article that was posted about Dontez some time ago:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ry/_/id/7116013/dontez-ford-turns-life-around

And you are right, no ever knows how each kid is going to react or mature when they get into college, too many unknowns...

It was and I posted that article at the time. I am basing it on the character, leadership and work ethic this kid has shown.

It was and I posted that article at the time. I am basing it on the character, leadership and work ethic this kid has shown.

So he's a "Marrone Guy" then, right? (sorry, couldn't resist.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom