Dontez Ford. | Syracusefan.com

Dontez Ford.

Bornorange

2nd String
Quite good at Basketball also, just selected to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's Fabulous five as a forward.

My physical therapist also coaches football at Sto-Rox, which happens to be Dontez's HS. One day I came into rehab wearing a pair of Syracuse shorts and we got to talking. He believes Dontez was by far the best football player on that team, including Rippey. In his words, Rippey is known as the better athlete, but Dontez is right up there with him. However, Dontez has a much better grasp of the game, understands schemes and positioning well above his age. He also believes Dontez is a better receiver than safety. Also had a bunch of other BCS schools sniffing around after his commitment, including a few B10 programs but Dontez informed everyone he was solid and not to bother. If he measured a step faster at some camps, he would have been a national recruit. However, my pt believes Dontez plays much much faster than his times show because of his ability to diagnose plays as they develop.

Definitely a very good athlete. Not much film on him but his body type and mentality seem to be better on the defensive side IMO.

Quite good at Basketball also, just selected to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's Fabulous five as a forward.

I've said it before. I will say it again. This kid has future captain written all over him.

CIL- He sounds like a kid who is going to be a real player after a couple of years of seasoning.

My physical therapist also coaches football at Sto-Rox, which happens to be Dontez's HS. One day I came into rehab wearing a pair of Syracuse shorts and we got to talking. He believes Dontez was by far the best football player on that team, including Rippey. In his words, Rippey is known as the better athlete, but Dontez is right up there with him. However, Dontez has a much better grasp of the game, understands schemes and positioning well above his age. He also believes Dontez is a better receiver than safety. Also had a bunch of other BCS schools sniffing around after his commitment, including a few B10 programs but Dontez informed everyone he was solid and not to bother. If he measured a step faster at some camps, he would have been a national recruit. However, my pt believes Dontez plays much much faster than his times show because of his ability to diagnose plays as they develop.

Bob Lichten-whatever-the-F his name is had a quick blurb last fall after seeing a Sto-Rox playoff game that Ford was the best player on the field...including Rippy

Ford is one of my favorite prospects in our incoming class of 2012. Regardless of how his on-field career turns out, the kid just sounds like a winner. Agree that he has future captain written all over him.

CIL, great to hear that he is a difference maker on the field, as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at WR. We are all of a sudden very deep in the secondary. We can almost go three deep, at all 4 spots now, without including ford. We need some big time WR playmakers.

secondary will be deep the next couple years with character people. I think we should be just as or even more excited with Whigham. Same type of kid as Ford. Very mature for his age. He recieved alot of Florida state awards after a spectatcular year. Had 10 interceptions I believe. He showed alot of athleticsm returning 2 picks and two punts for TD's. Miami offered him late as well as BC and Indiana. and also