Doomsday | Syracusefan.com

Doomsday

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
For those that say they saw this coming and that this team just isn't very good, and especially for the poster who said they see nothing but loses piling up from here on out, here's some facts.

After 2/1 last year, we were 4-6 in the regular season. So far this year after 2/1 we are 5-1.

Also, those 6 games we lost, we scored 55, 58, 46, 71, 53, 39.

That team went to the F4.

Don't give up.

Last edited:
No matter the final W/L, the last 5 days saw the following close games

Auburn at Florida
Nebraska at Michigan
Maryland at Duke
Virginia Tech vs Virginia
BC at Syracuse

Those teams are still all contenders for the Final 4 despite the poor game.

SU's play has been progressively worse. Can only eek out victories for so long before someone makes you pay. This time, it was BC. Could have probably been any team in the country for that matter. A good showing @ Duke will go a long way.

I believe that this team was beginning to play a bit tight. The weight of number 1 and undefeated may have gotten the best of them. I think we will be able to tell within the first 10 minutes of the Duke game how this team is going to respond now that the bubble has burst.

I think we see super tyler on saturday and a pissed off team ready for war. Flip around the week with a win at Duke and it silences the critics a tad.

I completely agree with KCJax. It seemed like the pressure of being undefeated was starting to get to this team. I don't feel they felt the pressure of being #1, but it was the pressure to stay undefeated. With that pressure off I think we will see the best of this basketball team not only against Duke but through the rest of this season and onto the national championship.

For those that say they saw this coming and that this team just isn't very good, and especially for the poster who said they see nothing but loses piling up from here on out, here's some facts.

After 2/1 last year, we were 4-6 in the regular season. So far this year after 2/1 we are 5-1.

Also, those 6 games we lost, we scored 55, 58, 46, 71, 53, 39.

That team went to the F4.

Don't give up.

I think you could see this coming without making the jump to "this team isn't very good." No team regardless of luck, competition, or any other things starts 25-1 unless they are good.

I saw this coming, but this team is very good. That's why it's been so frustrating to see such long stretches of poor play lately.

Of course they can turn things around, but we'd rather they play good basketball right now and not need to turn things around.

I saw this coming, but this team is very good. That's why it's been so frustrating to see such long stretches of poor play lately.

Of course they can turn things around, but we'd rather they play good basketball right now and not need to turn things around.
I'd rather they play good basketball beginning the middle of March.

Come on 'bees. They lost this game because they wore blue shorts. Take away the blue shorts and they win by 30! Oh Lord

Honestly though, after the Pitt game the team has looked very tight as if the pressure was starting to actually infect them. They were bound to play tight because of all the attention and they'll get their fair share from here forward, but don't have the undefeated season hanging over their head. How this team responds against Duke, win or not, will go a long way towards rebuilding their confidence lost and push them towards the F4.

I'd rather they play good basketball beginning the middle of March.

If they do, I'm all for it (late March this year).

Seriously, though, now is a fine time to be playing well. Can we have a successful season despite a rough patch in February? Of course. But it'd be better to play well the whole time.

We are going through a big slump right now. Usually when we go through a slump like this we lose a bunch of games. So far only one.

Only question is how long will the slump continute? I fear Duke will have their way with use this Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom