Doron or Jeremy Lamb - Discuss | Syracusefan.com

Doron or Jeremy Lamb - Discuss

I love Doron Lamb and wish we had landed him.

He may not go first but I think Doron Lamb is a better player, Jeremy Lamb disappears for long stretches during games.
What was the deal with D Lambs recruitment for a while he was saying we were his dream school, yet it seemed apparent he was not going to come here.

I mean, Jeremy could completely bomb in the NBA, but from a skillset and potential standpoint, he's easily the better prospect.

what? doron lamb is certainly at least as good a pro as jeremy no guts lamb.

Doron making a strong case to be the first Lamb selected in the NBA Draft.

Bradley Beal.

Neither Lamb will do much in the NBA, IMO.

I think this is going to be one of the most overrated drafts ever.

Bradley Beal.

Neither Lamb will do much in the NBA, IMO.

I think this is going to be one of the most overrated drafts ever.

Yeah, I really don't see any bonafide stars at all. Davis is probably the best in the draft and I really just see him as possibly a fringe all-star.

I think Jeremy Lamb will be a solid starter for most teams though.

Yeah, I really don't see any bonafide stars at all. Davis is probably the best in the draft and I really just see him as possibly a fringe all-star.
Agree. There's no Lebron, Durant, Howard, Paul, even Oden in this class. I'm very interested to see how Davis plays against a guy that is either 3 inches taller or 50 lbs heavier than him. I see a few NBA starters, and several role players in this draft. Nothing spectacular. And remember last spring when all those guys came back and this was supposed to be the greatest draft in years.

Agree. There's no Lebron, Durant, Howard, Paul, even Oden in this class. I'm very interested to see how Davis plays against a guy that is either 3 inches taller or 50 lbs heavier than him. I see a few NBA starters, and several role players in this draft. Nothing spectacular. And remember last spring when all those guys came back and this was supposed to be the greatest draft in years.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Davis as a superstar. I think his ceiling is Marcus Camby (which would be great - this isn't a slam on Camby by any means).

Also, I would hate for someone like him to end up on the Wizards or Bobcats. I don't think he is good enough to throw a team on his back and being stuck with either of those teams would be awful if he can't do that.

Davis was 6'5" 18 months ago. He is going to be an unbelievable player in the league. give him 2 years.

Davis was 6'5" 18 months ago. He is going to be an unbelievable player in the league. give him 2 years.

Yeah, I mean, he could be. Lots of potential. But right now, there's nothing in his game to really suggest he's going to be "unbelieveable" in the NBA.

Yeah, I mean, he could be. Lots of potential. But right now, there's nothing in his game to really suggest he's going to be "unbelieveable" in the NBA.

we are looking at 2 different players.

If Anthony Randolph played in college this past season he probably would have put up the same numbers as Davis

Before any development, Anthony Davis right now is Jevale Mcgree with a brain. And he will continue to get more skilled and stronger.

I always think back to Kevin Durant and all of the people who thought he wasn't strong enough to be a superstar in this league. It's funny reading some of these comments from 2007. Not sure yet what the ceiling is for Anthony Davis, but he should be a very good pro.

http://nbadraft.net/players/kevin-durant

we are looking at 2 different players.

What is "unbelieveable" about him right now beyond his defense and his face? Doesn't really have a jumpshot right now despite the fact that he's been a guard most of his life, handles the ball relatively well for a big, but not to the point that he's going to be a Lamar Odom type guy or anything, has a good first step in his face-up game, but lacks the strength to finish through contact. Right now, he's an elite defensive player in college, but he doesn't bring anything else to the table to an NBA team right now. He very well could in the future, because like people have said, he's been a big man for about a year and a half.

Before any development, Anthony Davis right now is Jevale Mcgree with a brain. And he will continue to get more skilled and stronger.
I think he's more KG than any other NBA players right now

I think we need to tack this thread as some people may be humbled in the next 1-2 years.

I think he's more KG than any other NBA players right now

Hmmm, I think his potential is to be a KG type guy if he can get his post moves/turnaround jumper down, but right now, I think I'd agree that he's more like a smart version of Javale McGee. Excellent shot blocker (McGee), but much smarter defender, and limited on the offensive end.

I think the KG comp represents the upside for Davis. (Obviously the top of the upside, Garnett is one of the best players ever).

But I could see Davis being a defensive anchor like that, and he's shown a little bit of the outside jumper that is KG's best offensive weapon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom