Dottie Grover, famed Syracuse baton girl, dies at age 90 | Syracusefan.com

Dottie Grover, famed Syracuse baton girl, dies at age 90

I liked this, not because I am happy that Dottie has died, but happy to see her get some recognition. Never met her, but it sounds like she was amazing. They should have mentioned her husband, Billy Gabor, who was an All American basketball player at Syracuse and played for the Syracuse Nats in the NBA for years. I met his a couple of years ago at an SU game and he was still sharp as a tack.

Amazing family. They were the Donovan McNabb and Roxie Nurse of their era.

Brings back memories. My dad, an SU grad in the 50s, used to talk about her. She was special at the time.

1571345363851.jpeg

I liked this, not because I am happy that Dottie has died, but happy to see her get some recognition. Never met her, but it sounds like she was amazing. They should have mentioned her husband, Billy Gabor, who was an All American basketball player at Syracuse and played for the Syracuse Nats in the NBA for years. I met his a couple of years ago at an SU game and he was still sharp as a tack.

Amazing family. They were the Donovan McNabb and Roxie Nurse of their era.

They did mention Billy in the article but not in the tweet publicizing the article. That might have generated more interest in the story.

According to her obit she wasn’t married to Billy Gabor since at least 1972. What really surprised me is that she and her second husband died the same day after over 47 years of marriage.