Double technical??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Double technical???

Not at all. Just wish they called the game the same way for him that they do for the rest of his minions. Then again, after Michael pushed off to win that Utah game (it was Utah right?), the league has been less than enjoyable to watch.

Not at all. Just wish they called the game the same way for him that they do for the rest of his minions. Then again, after Michael pushed off to win that Utah game (it was Utah right?), the league has been less than enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, Game 6 in 98.

My guess is that for as long as there have been stars in the NBA, there have been star calls.

Thanks, Ryan, I appreciate it. I'd love to be lookin' forward to game 6, but I'm bar tending Saturday night and we have one somewhat small tv at the joint where I work and don't turn it on when we have music, which is most nights. And if it goes to a 7th game Monday night, I'm going to be at a very cool joint in Buffalo, the Sportsmans Tavern, with my significant other and a bunch of friends to see the great Dave Alvin.

Would love to tip a few someday, until that, I'm raisin' a glass of Jameo right here, right now to you, me, and LeBron! L'chaim, dude.

BTW, Ryan, long before there was LeBron, this guy, Gus "Honeycomb" Johnson, and his high school teammate, Nate Thurmond, were Akron's greatest gift to hoops. I was a sportswriter for the Akron Beacon Journal then ('70-'76) and wrote some articles about Gus and got to know him quite well. Truth be known, first time I went to his house to interview him, he pulled out a big fatty and got my 23-yr-old head so high. He was 6-6, I'm in Mugsy Bogues-land. Ever hear of Gus? He was a freak, glad he finally got into the Hall of Fame.

I'm familiar with BOTH of those guys, although they were a bit ahead of my time. Seen a lot of both Gus and big Nate Thurmond via historical stuff, but don't remember seeing them play live.

Where'd they go to school in Akron?

And Richie--GOOD LUCK with your appointments next week. I can only imagine how grueling those must be [my Mom used to dread her 6 month checkups]. Sending positive vibes your way.

That was such a blatant foul the refs chose to ignore, it turned me off the NBA for a long time.

If what Anderson did doesn't get you thrown out, I'm not sure what short of throwing a punch does. He should be suspended.
Completely disagree. Shoving should not equal suspension, just like getting in each others faces shouldn't be auto-double techs. Let the players show some emotion!

Anderson has to be suspended for that crap it was a joke and I can't express how frustrating it is watch the Miami Heat play basketball. Lebron is greatest player in the NBA right now, and is an all-time great, but they are coddled by the refs WORSE than MJ's Bulls, Bird's Celtics's, Magic/Kareem's Lakers. I wish these Heat could play a 7 game series with my most disliked team the 1980's Detroit Pistons. Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman, Dantley/Agueire, Marc Edwards WOULD ALL get TOSSED for touching Lebron.

I'm familiar with BOTH of those guys, although they were a bit ahead of my time. Seen a lot of both Gus and big Nate Thurmond via historical stuff, but don't remember seeing them play live.

Where'd they go to school in Akron?

And Richie--GOOD LUCK with your appointments next week. I can only imagine how grueling those must be [my Mom used to dread her 6 month checkups]. Sending positive vibes your way.

They went to Akron Central-Hower ... Gus was a great player and person, quite a colorful character. http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/akrons_gus_johnson_being_induc.html

And, Ryan, thanks for the positive vibes. I feel great, am sure all's well (he says trying to convince himself), but, as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part.

Lebron's got a little bit of ARod in him.

You just can't deny his greatness, the guy is an amazing player. But there is enough other stuff like flopping, that just makes it harder to truly appreciate the guy.

It's fun to root for the Pacers and root against Miami, but the truth is, Lebron is just so d@mn good that it doesn't matter what the Pacers or anyone else does. When it comes down to it, Lebron can take over any game that he wants, and the Pacers just can't stop it, and I doubt the Spurs can either.

I'd be fine if birdman got kicked out the game last night; I'm not sure it warrants a suspension for the next game, if that makes any sense

Completely disagree. Shoving should not equal suspension, just like getting in each others faces shouldn't be auto-double techs. Let the players show some emotion!

What about the major cheap shot he gave before the shove?

Birdman is a caricature of a WWF wrastler.

and Stern makes a splendid Vince McMahon.

I feel like the flopping has been worse in the playoffs than the regular season
The NBA needs to give T's for flopping and like in soccer. Even if its a legit take down in soccer if the ref thinks the player is diving they get a yellow card. If players got Ts they would get ejected eventually. If you got three or five or however many the NBA wanted to make it diving Ts it would be an automatic suspension, and every one after would be a suspension. If players feared being suspended they wouldn't dive.

The NBA needs to give T's for flopping and like in soccer. Even if its a legit take down in soccer if the ref thinks the player is diving they get a yellow card. If players got Ts they would get ejected eventually. If you got three or five or however many the NBA wanted to make it diving Ts it would be an automatic suspension, and every one after would be a suspension. If players feared being suspended they wouldn't dive.

I agree-$5,000 to Lebron James is like a nickel to you and I

I've been saying for years they need some kind of yellow card type deal. The fines are something (and I feel like during the regular season things were better), but start suspending guys and then it will really cut into it.

There was a good story on grantland a few days ago about the history of flopping in the NBA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom