Doug Marrone is a winner | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone is a winner

MCuse44

Walk On
He cranks out winners regardless of recruiting stars and he does it the right way. Last night was the prefect example of how his style and teaching will make these kids successful in anything they do in life. Attendance, bah...if that doesnt resonate with fans, recruits, parents whatever. It will eventually.

In Doug I trust.

Doug Marrone got outcoached on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters of that game. Doug Marrone wasted his last time out on an opponents 4th down punt.

Love me some HCDM, but my man needs to sharpen up his gameday skills with a quickness.

i think it was a more lack of execution from players.. a lot of learning and growing in those first 3 quarters. you dont come back like that without solid coaching.

you cant practice a real game.

He cranks out winners regardless of recruiting stars and he does it the right way. Last night was the prefect example of how his style and teaching will make these kids successful in anything they do in life. Attendance, bah...if that doesnt resonate with fans, recruits, parents whatever. It will eventually.

In Doug I trust.

Notwithstanding nassib's incredible drives in the 4Q, you thought last night's performance was impressive?

you said: "Last night was the prefect example of how his style and teaching will make these kids successful in anything they do in life."

I dont even know what this means. Does it mean you should spend the first 75% of your life looking ill-equipped to deal with life's travails and then burst out in the final quarter of life? risky.

A win is a win. and in college football every win is huge. But that performance is not making anyone applaud SU football. There was a scary comment in the chat room last night. When SU scored its 2d touchdown someone was cheering that SU was making a "game of it." we were home and playing arguable the worst BCS team in the country. I would hope so.

we need to be better than this.

Doug Marrone got outcoached on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters of that game. Doug Marrone wasted his last time out on an opponents 4th down punt.

Love me some HCDM, but my man needs to sharpen up his gameday skills with a quickness.

I liked the time out usage. I mean, he completely pushed all of his chips into the center with seven minutes left. But it worked exactly the way we wanted to, didn't it?

impressive in terms of domination...no. they clearly played like junk for the majority of the game.

impressive in terms of being winners. not giving up. making adjustments until they find something to works. working hard to do things correctly. waiting for that bit of luck and taking advantage of it. yes...that to me is impressive. losers give up. marrone and the kids should be proud of themselves.

that speaks volumes to me. are we going to win the nation championship this year. id guess no, but this is a team you can get behind no matter what.

I liked that he used those timeouts. It would have given us a good 7 minutes to drive the field and just play power football into the endzone. And if it failed then we could of had a shot at a two minute drill still. His intentions were to run it down their throats but Bailey broke it.

Like the players coaches make mistakes or plays/moves that make you wonder but sometimes a coach will see something that us fans have absolutely no clue about and have to call a TO to straighten things out. Marrone isn't perfect but I think he's a smart guy and will continue to improve and learn after each game he coaches.

I can't say that they played like garbage. They were just thoroughly outplayed, outcoached, and outmuscled by a better team for 3/4 of the game. Yes, they made some garbage plays, but it is game one of the season. Coach Hackett admitted this defense is nothing like what they had prepared for, expecting a soft zone. Making the proper game plan changes saved us. (Oh, and Deacs losing thie quarterback). No way we win if he doesn't go down but we've been on the other side of the outcome enough. We deserve the breaks and are making our own now.

Agreed, HCDM is a winner.

Before the blocked FG, Nassib really needed to do a better job of running the play clock dow. They were snapping the ball with as much as 16 seconds on the play clock (if my memory serves me). Not a big fan of the 3 rd down run there either. I trust Nassib not to force a bad throw and fall down to keep the clock running and kick the FG. Just nit picking and it all worked out. Would like to see these things tuned up for future opponents.

I agree we were watching nassib snap the ball with under 3 minutes to go with 16,11,and 10 seconds...How do you not let the play clock go down to under 5?

In Doug I trust.

Another game decided by 7 or less that we won. I forget what the stat is but last year we were great in those games. Hasn't always been like this in Syracuse, the close games used to break our heart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom