Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin

The actual problem with the team is that it is built so that BB doesn't have to be a great QB. Or at least it's not on him to make a lot of plays to win games. This season, due to injuries it became the opposite, that he needed to win games for the team while LF was out as well as numerous other player, Jenkins, Lee, etc. He really caved when that pressure came down on him and the whole season fell apart.

Parcells had an awful first season with the Giants.

After four years Belichick ended with I think a five win season.

This year Eagles' HC Doug Pederson is 6-7 after winning the Super Bowl.

Has he regressed as a coach?

I don't think so.

I think he has been victimized by some questionable personnel decisions and by a endless series of injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Doug Marrone is a very talented HC.

If Jacksonville shows some patience and upgrades a few positions he will win games. .

Your infatuation with all things Pasqualoni and Marrone is mesmerizing.

The actual problem with the team is that it is built so that BB doesn't have to be a great QB. Or at least it's not on him to make a lot of plays to win games. This season, due to injuries it became the opposite, that he needed to win games for the team while LF was out as well as numerous other player, Jenkins, Lee, etc. He really caved when that pressure came down on him and the whole season fell apart.
Unless you have the Denver Broncos 2015 defense and last years Jacksonville Defense wasn’t that good you need a QB to win a SB.
Philadelphia would have beaten Jacksonville in the SB last year.
Marrone is an okay coach. He isn’t great either.
His team this year lost nobody on defense and that defense hasn’t been close to what it was like year and that is how they won games last year.

Jaguars are undisciplined and some of that is on Marrone not coaching situational football well. Plus they only went 10-6 last year. The Jaguars matched up well with the Steelerz.
This season is on Bortles being Bortles and Marrone.
Marrone firing Hackett was weak sauce.

Unless you have the Denver Broncos 2015 defense and last years Jacksonville Defense wasn’t that good you need a QB to win a SB.
Philadelphia would have beaten Jacksonville in the SB last year.
Marrone is an okay coach. He isn’t great either.
His team this year lost nobody on defense and that defense hasn’t been close to what it was like year and that is how they won games last year.

Jaguars are undisciplined and some of that is on Marrone not coaching situational football well. Plus they only went 10-6 last year. The Jaguars matched up well with the Steelerz.
This season is on Bortles being Bortles and Marrone.
Marrone firing Hackett was weak sauce.
The only thing I can figure about Hackett is that he went to bat for Bortles with TC and that he was a different player that could be counted on, and when he regressed it was on him. I can't imagine DM wanting to fire Hackett after being a team for ten years. I think it came from higher up the food chain.

The problem people are having is assuming the Jags would consider the move based on record this season.

I'd bet a lot that if he's let go, you'll hear a lot of reports like the ones here, and then out of Buffalo. The pattern is tied to his ability to deal with situations that are out of his control that he doesn't like. He goes from intense and focused to malcontent pretty quick, IMO.

I think about Mrs. Marrone and the kids. Doug had jobs with eight different schools or NFL teams in 16 years. then he got a job he could have had for a generation, giving his family the ability to grow up and mature in one place, have the same friends and schools, etc. They could have made good money for years and set themselves for life. But he leaves here after four years for two years in Buffalo, then four years in Jacksonville, the first two as a position coach. If he gets fired, he'll probably turn up as a position coach somewhere next year. He's 54 and still a coaching vagabond. I know it's the nature of the job but shouldn't it lead to a long run somewhere? He could have had it here. I bet they've had a conversation or two about that.

OrangePa is like Bo Schembeckler he is loyal to Syracuse men/women.
Marrone is a Syracuse guy.

Marrone and P are good football guys. It’s illogical to argue otherwise. P is still d coordinator in the nfl. The better question is are they both HC material for the Longterm. I think marrone deserves more time. Progress can sometimes go back before it goes forward. Want to see him w a competent qb

I don't know what's up with Marrone. I think I read trouble with management. Does he want to own a team or something? Somebody "up there" want to call plays? Dunno...

I don't know what's up with Marrone. I think I read trouble with management. Does he want to own a team or something? Somebody "up there" want to call plays? Dunno...

It is year 2 of a HC job for Marrone, he has to be unhappy about something... Almost time to quit again

It is year 2 of a HC job for Marrone, he has to be unhappy about something... Almost time to quit again
coughlin and marrone probably thought it was a great idea to work together because they're both alike (grouchy old white knuckle hard@sses). but do either of them want to deal with another grouchy old white knuckle hard@ss?

coughlin and marrone probably thought it was a great idea to work together because they're both alike (grouchy old white knuckle hard@sses). but do either of them want to deal with another grouchy old white knuckle hard@ss?
Perhaps they hate each other because they understand each other, and hate themselves.

#hottake

Yeah it seems like that. I think his brain might be too big for his britches sometimes. Afraid of success, so he either quits or has "problems" with the powers that be? I liked him at SU, and honestly thought he'd stay. Not polishing his resume eh...

Your infatuation with all things Pasqualoni and Marrone is mesmerizing.

Pasquloni won 107 games, a few Big East Championships, went to nine bowl games, including two Fiesta Bowls and an Orange Bowl and did his job honestly and with class.

Marrone played for Syracuse University, saved the Football Program - took us to two bowl games - and won both - in four years. He did what Mac did - left for an NFL job. In two years had us beating K-State in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Both coaches were very nice to my parents.

If you find how I feel mesmerizing, so be it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom