Doug Marrone | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

Doug Marrone- Will say good night to everyone on Friday and then somebody will notice that he isn't around on Monday and through the grapevine find out that he took another job

Rick Pitino- Is a douche who hates Syracuse and will tell any body that wants to hear it.

Can we just please ban anybody who brings up the name of these 2 clowns ever again please?

Not sure what this means. Pro football has no recruiting or transfer portal.

Doug isn't coming back.

I am a Marrone fan but the clamoring for a guy that was 25-25 will forever confuse me.
He did a great job.

He inherited a program that had won I think ten games in four years.

In his second year he got us to a bowl game and beat K-State.

He had a rough second half to his third year after starting well and finished with a really fun/good season culminating in another bowl win - against WVU.

I don't think the W/L record truly reflects what he accomplished on the Hill.

Doug Marrone- Will say good night to everyone on Friday and then somebody will notice that he isn't around on Monday and through the grapevine find out that he took another job

Rick Pitino- Is a douche who hates Syracuse and will tell any body that wants to hear it.

Can we just please ban anybody who brings up the name of these 2 clowns ever again please?
Rick Pitino hates Syracuse?

When did he say that?

Rick Pitino hates Syracuse?

When did he say that?
I believe he liked and respected JB moreso than the school and program, which I know, is odd.

Bring everyone back. Let's continually live in the past.
Doug, P, Donnie, Saban, Macky Jr, Dazzler, The Saltine Warrior , the Cannon and take the fing roof off!
PEA GREEN AND PINK!

Cous the Sonny and Cher reference was related to the movie Groundhog day(the song that played on Bill's alarm clock every morning). If you have not seen it, you should as it is a Bill Murray classic.
They filmed the movie in the town I live in, this town has been living off of it for almost 35 years, including their own Groundhog Day festivities, with a groundhog seeing/not seeing his shadow

I don't appreciate Bill Murray as much as I used to. As far as Doug being a potential candidate for the BC job, I think it makes a lot of sense. BC recruiting is baked in the Catholic prep school network.
Which is why O'Brien makes so much sense--Boston-native Irishman.

Me again reading of the Marrone talk...

Robert Redford Nod GIF

He did a great job.

He inherited a program that had won I think ten games in four years.

In his second year he got us to a bowl game and beat K-State.

He had a rough second half to his third year after starting well and finished with a really fun/good season culminating in another bowl win - against WVU.

I don't think the W/L record truly reflects what he accomplished on the Hill.

100%!

What's truly 'confusing' are folks that are unable/unwilling to grasp this. SU football was in the abyss after Grob. What Marrone did was quite impressive, all things considered. Moreover, dealing with an administration at the time that was grossly negligent as stewards of the university, especially relative to infrastructure and the like.

Marrone begged and pleaded for an IPF, and was basically advised, "someday" when, at the time, it was already a day late and a dollar short.

100%!

What's truly 'confusing' are folks that are unable/unwilling to grasp this. SU football was in the abyss after Grob. What Marrone did was quite impressive, all things considered. Moreover, dealing with an administration at the time that was grossly negligent as stewards of the university, especially relative to infrastructure and the like.

Marrone begged and pleaded for an IPF, and was basically advised, "someday" when, at the time, it was already a day late and a dollar short.
Dream Job did a great job and was a steady hand after GRob. No argument there.

Holy boomer grandpa. Doug's 59 not 89. Younger than Curt Cignetti, I think the same as O'Brien.
How many is that in dog years?

Don't matter, that dog can still hunt.
Really? Marrone hated recruiting back in the day. What might he think about the current landscape, with the portal, NIL, and re-recruiting your roster every season?

Dream Job did a great job and was a steady hand after GRob. No argument there.

Marrone did an incredible job of restoring oxygen to the Syracuse football program again. To that I will always be grateful for his years at SU. His exit was completely haphazard and as time moves on, i care less about. It's the job of the AD to have a good contingency plan if a HC is going to leave. I hope Wildhack has one for Fran b/c I frankly don't trust his timing. I could see him leaving next year if we win 10 and the big programs come calling. It's just what happens. Wildhack has to be ready. We weren't ready when Marrone left and got stuck with Shafer who was GERG lite ultimately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom