Dowels/Cordy out for season. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dowels/Cordy out for season.

Did Devin Butler play any db in high school?
Prototypical size of safety...
If he's not going to play a ton at wideout, crap, get him in at rb or db...
He also needs to line up next to Riley on Kick returns, we need the threat of someone going the distance every-time, Fredericks is a nice player, but isn't going for a TD.

Did Devin Butler play any db in high school?
Prototypical size of safety...
If he's not going to play a ton at wideout, crap, get him in at rb or db...
I'd love to see Armstrong moved to safety. Seems like an easy transition since that was his HS position.

All right, I'm just gonna say it:

If there'a ANY silver linings to these injuries it would be:

1) Cordy can redshirt

2) The secondary couldn't cover anyone anyway

I feel bad for the team and the fans but worse for them.

Yeah...we're not stopping anyone that's any good this year. Just improve the offense as we go, win a couple shootouts and avoid a truly horrible record(like...win 4 at least) and I'm ok with this year. Anything better than that, and I'm sky high. Gotta recruit well and build our depth going forward.

Last edited:
He's right - this injury will work out best for him and us I think. Great to have him back for two years.

Reactions: FAL
I'm thinking that with Dowels and Cordy in the defensive backfield, we may have won one of Wake, NC St., or Pitt. With five wins we'd be off bowling and practicing our young guys. So, I hope we really benefit from their return next year.

Cordy would make a good nickle, he can cover some and tackle. As a safety he bit too much on fakes and was confused at times about his coverage responsibilities. He will definitely help upgrade the secondary though.

I like having them both back. That being said, I hope we get so strong at their positions they don't see much of the field, no offense to them.

I like having them both back. That being said, I hope we get so strong at their positions they don't see much of the field, no offense to them.

I don't think we know what we have yet in Dowels. He hadn't played enough before getting injured.

I know he's only 5-10, but I have a feeling he's going to be a good CB [kid flipped from Oklahoma].

I don't think we know what we have yet in Dowels. He hadn't played enough before getting injured.

I know he's only 5-10, but I have a feeling he's going to be a good CB [kid flipped from Oklahoma].
From the little that he has played he's been one of the most consistent in coverage. He's also shown some press coverage ability that is exceedingly rare for a Cuse db. Clearly size has been an issue, he's struggled against more physical receivers and in run support because he just can't match-up. If he can get stronger (the leap from rf to rs was great), pencil in a solid cover corner.

I agree with your assessment but he actually flipped from Northern Illinois, though he had an impressive offer list including Oklahoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom