Down goes Chocolatito! | Syracusefan.com

Down goes Chocolatito!

SWC75

Bored Historian
Roman Chocoaltio Gonzalez was regarded by many as the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world and came in with a record of 46-0 with 39 knockouts. But he got knocked down in the first round and then fought 11 hotly competitive rounds in a row before losing to Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (aka Wisaksil Wangek, a very tough customer from Thailand, 113-113, 112-114, 112-114. I had the fight 114-112 for Chocolatito and so did Harold Letterman. The stats showed Gonzalez landed 100 more punches than hi opponent.

BoxRec - Roman Gonzalez

Chocolatito had never even lost an amateur fight: Roman Gonzalez - BoxRec
He was 134-0 before tonight.

Last edited:
Gennady Golovkin had a similarly competitive fight to beat Daniel Jacobs, 114-113 on all cards, (including Letterman and mine.)
Jacobs, a taller fighter declined to compete for the IBF title because they required he make the weight the same day. The weigh-in was the day before for the other alphabet titles and he "rehydrated", ballooning up to 180 pounds, which made him a cruiserweight. he out-weighed GGG by at least 10 pounds and G's punches didn't have their normal effect. Jacobs was very good came on at the end but GGG scored a knockdown in the fourth round that gave him the edge he needed in the scoring.
BoxRec - Gennady Golovkin

Quite a night of boxing.

I would definitely watch rematches for both of these fights. Chocolatito should have won but they got the call right on the GGG fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom