Draft express newest mock draft | Syracusefan.com

Draft express newest mock draft

He's averaging 19 and 9 his last 6 games. He's starting to block shots and get steals again. I expect that to continue. Maybe we catch one of those breaks UNC always seems to catch with the Brice Johnson's of the world.

He's averaging 19 and 9 his last 6 games. He's starting to block shots and get steals again. I expect that to continue. Maybe we catch one of those breaks UNC always seems to catch with the Brice Johnson's of the world.
I would love that but seems unlikely. Boeheim said before the year this would be Lydon's last year and I think that is probably true.

He's an NBA caliber player, so he should probably go play in the NBA.

He's an NBA caliber player, so he should probably go play in the NBA.
in all honesty, I don't think he is an NBA caliber player. Meaning, I don't think he'll be able to land the 2nd contract - nor even play the maximum of his first. He's a very good college player but to me he just misses the threshold of being an NBA player; I don't see his position at that level. But that being said - he should probably go and get what he can before heading overseas.

in all honesty, I don't think he is an NBA caliber player. Meaning, I don't think he'll be able to land the 2nd contract - nor even play the maximum of his first. He's a very good college player but to me he just misses the threshold of being an NBA player; I don't see his position at that level. But that being said - he should probably go and get what he can before heading overseas.
Well, OK. I think you're wrong. I think he's a prototype stretch 4.

Well, OK. I think you're wrong. I think he's a prototype stretch 4.
at this level, yes. but he won't be able to guard anyone in the Association.

he'll play 2 years as a deep bencher in the NBA and then off to Europe.

Not sure if you watch the NBA and think he's a tweener from back in the past NBA world. But in todays NBA, he is legitimately exactly what every team is looking for. A stretch 4 that can hit above 35% from 3 and also has a little bit of rim protection ability is about a $20m/year player these days.

Not sure if you watch the NBA and think he's a tweener from back in the past NBA world. But in todays NBA, he is legitimately exactly what every team is looking for. A stretch 4 that can hit above 35% from 3 and also has a little bit of rim protection ability is about a $20m/year player these days.

I watch more NBA than college - lot more. He doesn't have it. His career trajectory will look a lot like Donte Greene's

I watch more NBA than college - lot more. He doesn't have it. His career trajectory will look a lot like Donte Greene's

That's Crazy. Lydon is a better player than Greene was. Greene shot 34% from three here. Lydon is 42%. Lydon's per 40 minute splits on blocks, rebounds, and efficiency are all better. You're underselling him a LOT.

What makes you worried about his defense at the next level?

Wow with this analysis he should run to the NBA while he is hot now.
If players like Kelly Olynuk, Frank Keminsky, Tyler Zeller, Ryan Anderson can make it Tyler Lydon can play in the NBA.
Now go and tell us who are recruiting for 2017 is a diamond in the rough and we are stupid for not having faith.

That's Crazy. Lydon is a better player than Greene was. Greene shot 34% from three here. Lydon is 42%. Lydon's per 40 minute splits on blocks, rebounds, and efficiency are all better. You're underselling him a LOT.

Agree. Terrible comparison, Lydon is a much better player than Greene, stronger all around game, stronger shooter, a seemingly better attitude as well.

They literally have 0 similarities in their game besides being similar height and going to Syracuse. One is completely one dimensional and the other has skills that directly translate in todays NBA and whose body is still filling out.

Agree. Terrible comparison, Lydon is a much better player than Greene, stronger all around game, stronger shooter, a seemingly better attitude as well.
They literally have 0 similarities in their game besides being similar height and going to Syracuse. One is completely one dimensional and the other has skills that directly translate in todays NBA and whose body is still filling out.
I didn't compare them as players, I compared Tl's anticipated career trajectory with that of Donte.
Reading comprehension 101.

What makes you worried about his defense at the next level?
lack of NBA athleticism, especially quickness. His limitations are hidden in the zone scheme.

I would like nothing more than to be wrong, but I don't see an NBA player.

lack of NBA athleticism, especially quickness. His limitations are hidden in the zone scheme.

I would like nothing more than to be wrong, but I don't see an NBA player.

He's more athletic than all the guys Alsac's mentioned above. That's for sure.

He's more athletic than all the guys Alsac's mentioned above. That's for sure.
he's also shorter than all of them and, except for Anderson, they're all centers. And Anderson is much thicker and stronger than Tyler.

TL has the body type of a modern NBA 3 man; he is built more like Chandler Parsons or Gordon Hayward but he does not remotely have the skill set those guys do to play on the perimeter

#HardTruths

Lydon is 6'8" with a wingspan of 7'1"
He is prototype stretch 4.
Olynuk is 7 feet and is less athletic.
Lydon can play 4 in the NBA. Teams are getting smaller not bigger.
6'8" can play PF especially with that wing span.

I trust NBA scouts over a fan who wants the kid back over the kid leaving. He is gone if he doesn't want his degree. He will be a first round pick. We are lucky he came back this year.

Lydon is 6'8" with a wingspan of 7'1"
He is prototype stretch 4.
Olynuk is 7 feet and is less athletic.
Lydon can play 4 in the NBA. Teams are getting smaller not bigger.
6'8" can play PF especially with that wing span.

I trust NBA scouts over a fan who wants the kid back over the kid leaving. He is gone if he doesn't want his degree. He will be a first round pick. We are lucky he came back this year.

I mean the crazy thing is even if he is shorter than those guys he blocks more shots than all of them.

No way Lydon is NOTHING like Hayward.
In college Hayward was a SG/SF.

Lydon is a PF. He has a role in the league. He won't play as a rookie but by his second year be fine.