Draft express newest mock draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Draft express newest mock draft

I already stated I think he'll get drafted, even in the first round. That's the nature of the draft - there are only 3 to 5 guys max who are sure things, every other team is just hoping they get lucky. And you have to use the pick. So, yeah, he'll get drafted in the mid to late first round. But he won't get a 2nd contract and probably not have all the options exercised on his first. He's a good shooter, but other than that, his best position is as a center in an idiosyncratic college zone scheme.

Once again, I hope I am wrong, but I've seen nothing from Lydon that gives me confidence he can stick in the NBA.
If he can't stick he should go while the iron is hot and get that guaranteed money.
I trust pro coaches to get help his pro game over our current staff running him in their non pro system.

I already stated I think he'll get drafted, even in the first round. That's the nature of the draft - there are only 3 to 5 guys max who are sure things, every other team is just hoping they get lucky. And you have to use the pick. So, yeah, he'll get drafted in the mid to late first round. But he won't get a 2nd contract and probably not have all the options exercised on his first. He's a good shooter, but other than that, his best position is as a center in an idiosyncratic college zone scheme.

Once again, I hope I am wrong, but I've seen nothing from Lydon that gives me confidence he can stick in the NBA.

I'm going to agree to disagree at this point, but I think you guys are flat our wrong.

I think he has a chance to be as good or better in the league than all of our recent draft picks and may stick longer than anyone not named Melo. He will be an elite shooter at some point (I know you and We Are Syracuse disagree), but he kills it from three already comparable to where other guys were at this point before they were in the NBA.

He's also a good(not great) rebounder. That always carry's over to the league(advanced metrics have proved this). He lead the U18 US team in rebounding 3 years ago on a team that included Myles Turner, Stanley Johnson, Stephen Zimmerman, and Justice Winslow and he played less minutes than all of them. So you can say the zone inflates some of his defensive stats if you want, but theres a good reason to believe thats not the case.

I think there's a little bit of skepticism here because he is caucasian, which doesn't surprise me at all.