Draftexpress article on James | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Draftexpress article on James

I think Fair would make a roster. Maybe he wouldn't start, but he'd make a roster for sure.

As for the Wes, Southerland comparison, James is likely the better defender and a better 3 point shooter. Both shot about the same percentage in their best years (Wes' only year) but James shot it almost double the amount Wes did. James showed better range, too. Wes' percentage dropped in the NBA because he doesn't have great form and he never demonstrated big time range. James' form is textbook and he showed NBA range in college. Neither can dribble, obviously.

1. Is the better defender part a typo?
2. Wes had good form on his shot, but I agree that Southerland's is definitely better.
3. Wes was still far more skilled overall, and even if his ball-handling was weak, it doesn't compare to Southerland. Southerland's right hand is barely better than CJ's.
4. Regarding Fair, I think he'd have a pretty hard time making an NBA roster. Highly likely he would be D-League bound for at least a year.

It's kind of funny that reading that Grantland article, I was thinking in my head that teams probably see Wes Johnson as having some potential to be that kind of guy, and then they mentioned him right at the end.

It's kind of funny that reading that Grantland article, I was thinking in my head that teams probably see Wes Johnson as having some potential to be that kind of guy, and then they mentioned him right at the end.
The Grantlands article is why I think James may make a better pro than CJ. CJ is by far a better basketball player but he will still be a role player in the NBA and I don't see an NBA role for him while James role is clear. James needs to shoot the 3 and play D. Also I think james will measure out better than CJ. I see CJ as a great college player who may struggle in the NBA similar to John Wallace.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Grantlands article is why I think James may make a better pro than CJ. CJ is by far a better basketball player but he will still be a role player in the NBA and I don't see an NBA role for him while James role is clear. James needs to shoot the 3 and play D. Also I think james will measure out better than CJ. I see CJ as a great college player who may struggle in the NBA similar to John Wallace.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. Southerland is really going to have to work on the defensive end though. He's never seemed to have the foot speed to defend. And he'll want to bulk up a little it he's going to play sometimes as a stretch 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom