Draftexpress article on MCW | Syracusefan.com

Draftexpress article on MCW

I haven't read it yet but let me guess. He struggles to shot from the outside. Am I right?

I love their scouting report videos. They do a really good job. I still think there's a good chance he ends up being the best PG in this year's class.

Thanks for posting this, Gabjon.

I found this part to be interesting:

He's very turnover prone for one, coughing the ball up on 26% of his possessions this season,
third worst of any of the players in our top-100 prospect rankings. He can be very careless, struggles handling under pressure at times, and has a tendency to get too fancy and force tough passes unnecessarily, sometimes at the most inopportune moments.

Can it be possible that he turned the ball over 26% of the time? And that was only 3rd worse? And SU still managed to make it to the FF?

He's very turnover prone for one, coughing the ball up on 26% of his possessions this season,
third worst of any of the players in our top-100 prospect rankings. He can be very careless, struggles handling under pressure at times, and has a tendency to get too fancy and force tough passes unnecessarily, sometimes at the most inopportune moments.

Can it be possible that he turned the ball over 26% of the time? And that was only 3rd worse? And SU still managed to make it to the FF?

The question is how are they defining "his possessions"

One of JB's brilliant moves this year was taking MCW off the ball alot in the NCAAs and let Brandon bring the ball up the court against pressure. MCW had the ball just flat out taken from him way too many times because he is to slow going left and right... this is going to be a huge problem for him in the NBA. I see MCW being a lot like Jeremy Lin... who in my opinion is way overrated because he is not athletic enough.

I think he got a lot better down the stretch of not turning it over as often

One of JB's brilliant moves this year was taking MCW off the ball alot in the NCAAs and let Brandon bring the ball up the court against pressure. MCW had the ball just flat out taken from him way too many times because he is to slow going left and right... this is going to be a huge problem for him in the NBA. I see MCW being a lot like Jeremy Lin... who in my opinion is way overrated because he is not athletic enough.

I don't think this is really true honestly. If a team pressured MCW but wasnt pressuring Triche, MCW would let Triche bring it up, but when a team put legitimate press on, Triche was worse at handling it than MCW. We turned it over almost any time the ball didnt end up in MCW's hands

I'm guessing that's possessions that end with MCW making a play
When he is the PG that is a very subjective thing "making a play". I just did some quick math his assist to TO ratio is 2.1 to 1 and if you simply add his fg attempts (a shot can't be a TO) there is no way you can get to a 26% TO rate.

The article is dead on. A lot to like, a lot to be concerned with. If I'm a GM I'd have to think long and hard on this one (if I were a GM I'd be out of a job pretty quickly as I'd take nothing but Cuse players and never draft a Dookie).

It's a pretty fair assessment, but I'm not sure that "very turnover prone" jibes with "solid ball-handling skills."

It's a pretty fair assessment, but I'm not sure that "very turnover prone" jibes with "solid ball-handling skills."

Yeah, the turnover prone most likely refers to his poor decisions (jump pass, etc.). I will be very interested to see how his skill set translates to the NBA. On the one hand, I think his court vision and play making will stand out that much more when he is passing to NBA talent. On the other hand, I am not sure that his ball handling is "solid" enough to handle the defensive pressure he will see.

I love their scouting report videos. They do a really good job. I still think there's a good chance he ends up being the best PG in this year's class.
The thing is with Burke, (despite Damien Lillard), I can't believe his height won't drop him way down the ladder.

The thing is with Burke, (despite Damien Lillard), I can't believe his height won't drop him way down the ladder.
Burke is listed at 6'-0 Lillard is listed at 6'-3

Yeah, the turnover prone most likely refers to his poor decisions (jump pass, etc.). I will be very interested to see how his skill set translates to the NBA. On the one hand, I think his court vision and play making will stand out that much more when he is passing to NBA talent. On the other hand, I am not sure that his ball handling is "solid" enough to handle the defensive pressure he will see.

Yeah, I sort of agree with this take.

He should have come back - he lacks speed, he's very weak and can't shoot at all - once scouts had a chance to really break him down you had to know his stock would drop - he will go late first round and be in the D-League from day one

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2013/mockdraft

I'm expecting he'll be closer to top 10 than outside the top 20. I actually think his stock will rise once he starts working out for teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom