Drew Allen, who may be Syracuse's next quarterback, has a vision for his teammates | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen, who may be Syracuse's next quarterback, has a vision for his teammates

Some people hate Bud, but his opening patagraph is kind of funny if you know any southern football fans.

I sort of enjoy his writing, but 'bulbous grunts'? that's over the top. He was missing a few 'unwasheds' and a reference to this 'burb and he would have knocked it out of the park.

Don't hate Bud, just find him very difficult to read. He's a wannabe fiction writer - all flowery and "witty" - with hardly any substance. And with age he gets wordier and wordier ... and the readers get sleepier and sleepier. The simple message from Drew was that the goal for him and the rest of the team is NFL, and to have a chance at it the team needs to have a good season. It was difficult to discern in all Bud's ornaments.

The only "Bud" I partake of comes in a bottle--and only if I'm desperate. (n)

I sort of enjoy his writing, but 'bulbous grunts'? that's over the top. He was missing a few 'unwasheds' and a reference to this 'burb and he would have knocked it out of the park.
I pretty much only read his stuff to see what lengths he'll go to in order to include a "ramrod" reference. Alas, this article was bereft of that noble title, despite the inclusion of the low-hanging fruit of a Sandusky mention.

genuflect: seriously, who even knew this was a word before reading?

Allen is the qb that's pretty much the reason for closed practices not so much gambling lines... Week 1 is big for the outlook of acc and non conf games

Drew Allen is going to be your starting qb; trust me. As a man who has followed young sir's career for an extended period, he's your guy. I'm disappointed that the Sooners ran him out of Norman; he really is top rate. Good person, great arm, mentally sharp, and a hell of an athlete. I've noticed that his arm is played up in the coverage, but you guys don't realize that he's a major running threat too. Here at OU, he was arguably our fastest qb on the roster (yes, that includes against the kid they call the "Belldozer" who ran for all the rushing TDs and the Belldozer's current competitor, Trevor Knight, who runs a sub 4.6 40, not exaggerating). He won't turn the ball over and he'll create when things break down. Plus, despite us running a no-huddle, the guy has great presence and transitions well into running a huddle offense and will inspire a lot of confidence for those around him. If everyone plays there roles, I promise your transplant will deliver.

This is my first post on here; I'm cheering for the Orange and who most likely will be your new qb, Drew Allen!

Drew Allen is going to be your starting qb; trust me. As a man who has followed young sir's career for an extended period, he's your guy. I'm disappointed that the Sooners ran him out of Norman; he really is top rate. Good person, great arm, mentally sharp, and a hell of an athlete. I've noticed that his arm is played up in the coverage, but you guys don't realize that he's a major running threat too. Here at OU, he was arguably our fastest qb on the roster (yes, that includes against the kid they call the "Belldozer" who ran for all the rushing TDs and the Belldozer's current competitor, Trevor Knight, who runs a sub 4.6 40, not exaggerating). He won't turn the ball over and he'll create when things break down. Plus, despite us running a no-huddle, the guy has great presence and transitions well into running a huddle offense and will inspire a lot of confidence for those around him. If everyone plays there roles, I promise your transplant will deliver.

This is my first post on here; I'm cheering for the Orange and who most likely will be your new qb, Drew Allen!

Great post. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully your comments ring true.

Go Sooners as well. Beat the piss out of WFVU trash on Sat 7th.

Want to have some fun with the WVU fans? Sprinkle some deer piss in a bathroom and watch them all congregate. Redneck feckers.

Bud is the only thing that is short and to the point about him

Well I officially have a man-crush on you now after posting this.