Driving up to Syracuse Friday night...a question? | Syracusefan.com

Driving up to Syracuse Friday night...a question?

BayonneOrange

Scout Team
The family and I are driving up from Jersey for the game this weekend on Friday night. Thinking that we might stop around Binghamton and stay the night there, then just get up to Syracuse early Saturday and enjoy the Board tailgate.

If anyone knows a cheap, decent hotel right off 380 or 81, please let me know. Just looking to save some money. Instead of 2 nights in the Sheraton which would be a waste since we wouldn't be up there until late Friday anyway, we'll spend Friday night in a cheaper alternative, and spend Saturday in the Sheraton.

So, if anyone knows of anywhere that is not a Bates motel and safe for my wife and my 8 year old, please let me know.

And I'm still looking for 3 decent seats for the game. Might have to hit up the box office or stubhub in a day or two if nothing pans out from the board.

Thanks...Mark

You can grab seats near the Fine Lot crew in 302 for just shy of $50 a pop (including fees). I would expect $15 specials to be there at some point later this week.

No help on the hotel front... checking hotels.com and priceline.com don't show too many decent options up 81 (there's not much choice... I even checked Cortland).
One of the locals may be able to point you to clean 2* accommodations.

I stayed at the Clarion near Scranton (right next to I-81) a couple years ago for the same reason you're looking to. Certainly cheaper than the Sheraton, and not much more than two hours from Syracuse. Good rate and a perfectly serviceable property. Might've been a free breakfast involved, too, but I'm not certain.

The family and I are driving up from Jersey for the game this weekend on Friday night. Thinking that we might stop around Binghamton and stay the night there, then just get up to Syracuse early Saturday and enjoy the Board tailgate.

If anyone knows a cheap, decent hotel right off 380 or 81, please let me know. Just looking to save some money. Instead of 2 nights in the Sheraton which would be a waste since we wouldn't be up there until late Friday anyway, we'll spend Friday night in a cheaper alternative, and spend Saturday in the Sheraton.

So, if anyone knows of anywhere that is not a Bates motel and safe for my wife and my 8 year old, please let me know.

And I'm still looking for 3 decent seats for the game. Might have to hit up the box office or stubhub in a day or two if nothing pans out from the board.

Thanks...Mark

Would suggest this one. Right off of I-81 with plenty of chain restaurants nearby. 1 hour to the Dome in morning.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bgmfi-fairfield-inn-binghamton/

Binghamton is a dump however the Holiday Inn on Hawley is a nice place ... stayed there twice. One of the better hotels in the area, not that its saying much. You might even be best served hitting a hotel in Cortland ... they have a couple lower budget options which put you even closer to the Cuse and makes for an even easier drive on Saturday.

Had some luck in Scranton downtown. Also the Redroof in Wilkes Barre was clean and reasonable.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Carrier Circle in the Town of DeWitt has a load of Hotels , Red Roof Inn, Super 8 etc. Plenty of eats and a safe area. Twenty minutes to the Dome depending on traffic.

Keep in mind that some motels may have been damaged during the flooding or will be full of people that are displaced while their homes are being repaired.

motel in pompie right on 81--great dome location also mom and pop motels off rt 5 right after camillus, good stuff---easy commute take 81n to 69o west, auburn exit to the end just keep going straight. another option for mom and pop stuff is get off at homer exit take 41 up to the birds nest motel in skaneateles, don't let the name fool ya great place, if full , continue straight outside town torward aubun, lots of mom and pop stuff out there, and more name brand hotels in auburn. suggest if the boat excursion is still running at skaneatles , take kids on it they and you will love it.

Country Inn and Suites in Cortland is OK. About 5 minutes off of 81 on rt 281. Across the road from the SUNY Cortland athletic fields. Free breakfast. Not sure how much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom