Drummond Gone to CT: DC2 and Noel still out there... | Syracusefan.com

Drummond Gone to CT: DC2 and Noel still out there...

arbitragegls

All Conference
Seems like each time a committment is made, opportunities are there for schools that did not get the recruit. For example, KY wanted Drummond too...and lost. They and OSU want DC2 as does 'Cuse. My bet is wherever DC2 goes may dictate where Noel probably goes.

Any possibility that we tie Noel up early...put a full court press and reel him in? Is Noel as good as DC2...which do we want...which do we need in the class they will play in?

...and finally, what is the prospects of Fab Melo doing really well this year? I monitored the World's and his time on court and contribution increased as the games became more important. I believe he is going to prove out as a 5 star player this year...what are your thoughts?

If I had a choice I'd prefer Noel over DC2. He just seems a much better fit for our system and defensively he could come in and be a huge impact player right away no matter what level his offensive development is at. I don't think Noel will decide quickly just because his list is very long at this point.

I am up in the air on what to expect from Fab, as I am with the team as a whole. Lots of returning experience, loads of talent but just as many questions. We could be worse than last year if none of the returning players improve much. We could be the best team around if Scoop eliminates 4-5 serious errors a game, Brandon becomes a consistant offensive weapon, Kris puts it all together and the young big man all improve. To answer your question I feel that Fab will improve but I don't think he'll be a world beater. Foul trouble and defensive positioning will still be issues for him but I expect improvements and that he will be able to score somewhat consistantly. If h can rebound and stay out of foul trouble who knows.

the orange believe that they can get both Coleman and Noel. different classes.

Seems like each time a committment is made, opportunities are there for schools that did not get the recruit. For example, KY wanted Drummond too...and lost. They and OSU want DC2 as does 'Cuse. My bet is wherever DC2 goes may dictate where Noel probably goes.

Any possibility that we tie Noel up early...put a full court press and reel him in? Is Noel as good as DC2...which do we want...which do we need in the class they will play in?

...and finally, what is the prospects of Fab Melo doing really well this year? I monitored the World's and his time on court and contribution increased as the games became more important. I believe he is going to prove out as a 5 star player this year...what are your thoughts?

Is DC2 a one-and-done player? If not, doesn't that turn off Noel?

Is DC2 a one-and-done player? If not, doesn't that turn off Noel?
I dont think is going to matter if DC2 is a one and done, I think the staff views Noel as more off a wing then a center. Which means both can be on the team at same time.

From what I've seen of the 2 they are 2 completely different players...DC2 is a hulk in the middle. I agree Noel is more of an off wing as opposed to a Center. Not enough weight. But I like Noel's on-court play better than DC2's. I think both will be looking for 1 and done

If I had a choice I'd prefer Noel over DC2. He just seems a much better fit for our system and defensively he could come in and be a huge impact player right away no matter what level his offensive development is at. I don't think Noel will decide quickly just because his list is very long at this point.

I am up in the air on what to expect from Fab, as I am with the team as a whole. Lots of returning experience, loads of talent but just as many questions. We could be worse than last year if none of the returning players improve much. We could be the best team around if Scoop eliminates 4-5 serious errors a game, Brandon becomes a consistant offensive weapon, Kris puts it all together and the young big man all improve. To answer your question I feel that Fab will improve but I don't think he'll be a world beater. Foul trouble and defensive positioning will still be issues for him but I expect improvements and that he will be able to score somewhat consistantly. If h can rebound and stay out of foul trouble who knows.

If I had to choose one I would go with DC2. Not as high a ceiling or as dynamic... but he gives us a guy who knows how to carve out space in the middle and knows what to do with the rock when he gets it. That would be more useful to us IMO than a guy like Noel who would basically give us a third version of BMK and Rak... albeit a more talented one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom