Class of 2022 - DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24)

Hastings, Wilson, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Watson, Perry, Fuentes are all huge dudes. Talented, athletic big dudes. That’s a solid 7 guys to man the DT position.

Add in Diggs, Jobity, Jaquez, KingJospeh, Lesaine, Simmons and Caden Brown. That’s a solid pass rush. The D-Line is looking real good if we add Hastings and Nwokocha. Might even be a strength of the team lol

Then add Wax, McDonald, Heard, Sparrow, Omopariola, ZMG, Bailey, Jayden Brown, Fatim Diggs, Roon, etc…behind them at linebacker

Clark, Barron, Grant, Gould, Haile at safety

Bellamy, Chestnut, Barnes, Delaine, Jalil Martin, Long Jr at cornerback.

Cornerback is still a little weak. Would like to add one more experienced body there. Other than that. Not many flaws for this defense. A lot of size, and athleticism
Very helpful, thanks!

Hastings, Wilson, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Watson, Perry, Fuentes are all huge dudes. Talented, athletic big dudes. That’s a solid 7 guys to man the DT position.

Add in Diggs, Jobity, Jaquez, KingJospeh, Lesaine, Simmons and Caden Brown. That’s a solid pass rush. The D-Line is looking real good if we add Hastings and Nwokocha. Might even be a strength of the team lol

Then add Wax, McDonald, Heard, Sparrow, Omopariola, ZMG, Bailey, Jayden Brown, Fatim Diggs, Roon, etc…behind them at linebacker

Clark, Barron, Grant, Gould, Haile at safety

Bellamy, Chestnut, Barnes, Delaine, Jalil Martin, Long Jr at cornerback.

Cornerback is still a little weak. Would like to add one more experienced body there. Other than that. Not many flaws for this defense. A lot of size, and athleticism
There's our guy. Btw you notice all the D Lineman they are targeting fit the same profile. 6'5 290. They want big and explosive guys up front.

Cool, I think I flagged him somewhere when he entered,
ISAIAH HASTINGS - PORTAL FROM ALABAMA, CLEARWATER ACADEMY, CLEARWATER, FL
DL 6' 5" 290/ 4.92 40
Hastings_Isaiah.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SIZE
VERY STRONG
AGGRESSIVE
RELENTLESS IN PURSUIT OF RB/QB
VERY QUICK OFF SNAP - INTO B'FLD QUICKLY
FAST FOR SIZE/ 4.92 - 40
MAKES TACKLE BEFORE RB CAN GET TO LOS
TO QUOTE TOMCAT "MANCHILD"
GREAT ATHLETE

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

A Canadian product that signed with the Crimson Tide after playing last season for head coach Jesse Chinchar at Clearwater Academy International in Florida ... earned the No. 52 spot on the On300 rankings by On3 ... the On3 consensus rankings tabbed him as the No. 142 recruit overall ... a four-star prospect who ranked 138th nationally in the Top247 while also ranking as the No. 18 defensive lineman and No. 19 player in Florida by 247Sports ... the No. 237 recruit on the 247Composite, the No. 30 defensive lineman and the No. 27 player in Florida ... listed him as the No. 15 defensive tackle and the No. 34 player in Florida ... a four-star by ESPN who also tabbed him the No. 35 defensive tackle, No. 188 player in the Southeast Region and the No. 61 recruit in the state ... chose Alabama over Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Oregon

Last edited:
Wow and i guess nobody wants to go to SU. Fran has done more in a month than Dino did in 8 years.
I have always thought that you have to have coaches that have strong ties to the area. Hiring two west coast coaches was a disaster. Thank God JW has gone with Red and Fran.

Based in part on jcuse's report of Barnes's answer to a "dick question"

Did you ever consider it snows there?!
" No sir I love this game too much to be a pansy like that"

I am guessing that Fran is countering the negative recruiting reliant upon Syracuse winters with something like:
"You think you are going to be able to choose which team drafts you? You think they don't play football in Chicago or Cleveland or Pittsburgh or Cincinnati or Buffalo or New York, etc. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, you aren't going to have time to worry about snow. The time to start building some toughness is now."

Really, you don't have to be a genius to appeal to a kid's long-term best interests and the importance of developing capacities for resilience and sacrifice.

Based in part on jcuse's report of Barnes's answer to a "dick question"

Did you ever consider it snows there?!
" No sir I love this game too much to be a pansy like that"

I am guessing that Fran is countering the negative recruiting reliant upon Syracuse winters with something like:
"You think you are going to be able to choose which team drafts you? You think they don't play football in Chicago or Cleveland or Pittsburgh or Cincinnati or Buffalo or New York, etc. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, you aren't going to have time to worry about snow. The time to start building some toughness is now."

Really, you don't have to be a genius to appeal to a kid's long-term best interests and the importance of developing capacities for resilience and sacrifice.
That's not what Barnes actually said lol

Back to hastings, does anyone have an assessment of this kid's capabilities? Obviously, he landed at Alabama originally, but it doesn't sound like he played. Looks like he's tall and 290 lb. Any other scouting reports from the coaches out there?

Wow and i guess nobody wants to go to SU. Fran has done more in a month than Dino did in 8 years.
I have always thought that you have to have coaches that have strong ties to the area. Hiring two west coast coaches was a disaster. Thank God JW has gone with Red and Fran.

Fran has done more in a month than any SU coach has ever done. And he’s done more than probably any other coach we could have hired.

It’s really incredible not in my wildest dreams I’m so happy for the trajectory for football

Back to hastings, does anyone have an assessment of this kid's capabilities? Obviously, he landed at Alabama originally, but it doesn't sound like he played. Looks like he's tall and 290 lb. Any other scouting reports from the coaches out there?
As others have said, he was a relative unknown in Canada but when he moved to Clearwater for his senior season, his stock exploded. He got a bunch of offers from the big boys, and was rated as a 4 star player in the top 200 in his class.

He is by all accounts a huge talent.

Last edited:
As others have said, he was a relative unknown in Canada but when he moved to Clearwater for his senior season, his stick exploded. He got a bunch of offers from the big boys, and was rated as a 4 star player in the top 200 in his class.

He is by all accounts a huge talent.

Thanks, Tom!