Class of 2015 - DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI

I'm just excited because I didn't even have to try bribing him to start following Otto's Grove on twitter.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 27m27 minutes ago
Updates on Syracuse OL commits Cody Conway and Andrejas Duerig: http://bit.ly/1CmrzYe

Andrejas Duerig
If there is one offensive lineman in this class who won't redshirt, it's likely Duerig. The Syracuse staff is hopeful Duerig can provide immediate assistance at the center position with John Miller having wrapped up his eligibility last fall.
The Orange returns redshirt junior Jason Emerich and sophomore walk-on Donnie Foster as the only true centers on roster. It's possible SU could slide a guard or tackle into the middle as well.
"Coach Adam said, 'If I'm good at center, really good at center, I could start at center,'" Duerig said. "But if I'm not as good, they could teach me and have me learn center or I could move somewhere else and try my luck there."
Duerig played tight end and guard primarily at Lowell (Ind.) High School before transferring to Mount Carmel (Chicago) High School one year ago. As a senior at Mount Carmel, he lined up at right tackle and started every game.
He's hoping to practice snapping this spring while balancing his obligations as a thrower on the track and field team.
"They said that's where they want me, at center," Duerig said, "but we just have to see how it works out."
Duerig spoke highly of the brotherhood at Mount Carmel. He said it didn't take long to feel welcomed and emphasized that the players and coaches were there to better each other in football and in life.
"It was better that what I thought it would be," Duerig said, "going from a public school where everyone was kind of there for themselves to a private Catholic school where they want everyone to do their best together. It was a lot better than I expected."
Weekly conversations with Syracuse offensive line coach Joe Adam and/or running backs coach DeAndre Smith made for a smooth senior season. Duerig also spoke with Lester a couple times, he said.

B7_DWA5IAAAweSE.jpg:large

1:44 PM - 22 Jan 2015
TriciaD‏@mammaof4kiddies 3h3 hours ago
Syracuse bound! #Cuse15 @AJDuerig @devynduerig pic.twitter.com/eLJqKbhoN3

Last edited:
I'm surprised they drove.

Does holy gas prices mean expensive or inexpensive i wonder.

I'd guess expensive. Gas is actually less than $2/gallon here in the commonwealth of taxachusetts and slightly more in CT. NY was higher than both the last time I went home in December.

I was just in Chicago it was 1.80 when I was there. I'm guessing more here

Most assuredly expensive. I have made the trip up through PA many, many times, and when possible on a short trip, I will fill up just before I get into NY, and need gas as soon as I get back across. Easily 20-30 cents more per gallon depending upon where your from.

Uh oh, he and Steven Clark may need to fight over that 72. One DT vs one OL...

Battle for the trenches AND for 72. I like it!
They can both wear it, I believe, since they are on opposite sides of the ball. At least, I think that is the rule.

They can both wear it, I believe, since they are on opposite sides of the ball. At least, I think that is the rule.
This is true. If, that is, they each stay on the side we're expecting. Either one could wind up playing on either line of course...though I don't expect that to happen. Clark = DL, Duerig = OL for good, if they both wind up here, I think.